Bombardier Dealer Issue with Doug's Powersports - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 09:40 AM
scindful

Bombardier Dealer Issue with Doug\'s Powersports

I have been having a huge problem with a Bombardier Dealer located in Cortland, NY. They have been very slow to return phone calls and even slower to repair a youth ATV which has been in their repair shop for over a month. They have not looked at it yet for a complete list of parts needed and haven't even ordered the obvious broken parts.

Although I have been in contact with BRP's customer service department and are working with them about a complaint but that has not been resolved yet either. BRP seems to think the swing arm breaking was the dealers fault to begin with, but the dealer will only say that it could be one of 10 different reasons why the break in the swing are occurred (twice).

Has anyone had a similar problem in the past with Doug's Powersports or BRP?

I am curious to hear your stories. I am a phone call away from contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a formal complaint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
GarandOne

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scindful View Post
I have been having a huge problem with a Bombardier Dealer located in Cortland, NY. They have been very slow to return phone calls and even slower to repair a youth ATV which has been in their repair shop for over a month. They have not looked at it yet for a complete list of parts needed and haven't even ordered the obvious broken parts.

Although I have been in contact with BRP's customer service department and are working with them about a complaint but that has not been resolved yet either. BRP seems to think the swing arm breaking was the dealers fault to begin with, but the dealer will only say that it could be one of 10 different reasons why the break in the swing are occurred (twice).

Has anyone had a similar problem in the past with Doug's Powersports or BRP?

I am curious to hear your stories. I am a phone call away from contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a formal complaint.
This post only recently came to my attention, I am the Service Manager at the dealership being complaigned about, and although I wasnt gong to respond to it after seeing the number of hits it has gotten, I feel that i need to respond.
"I have been having a huge problem with a Bombardier Dealer located in Cortland, NY. They have been very slow to return phone calls and even slower to repair a youth ATV which has been in their repair shop for over a month. "
answer-Customer brought in Atv with obvious damage to the swingarm/axle. determined what the problem was and looked up the parts needed for repairs-unit was out of warranty-though swingarm was recently replaced by the customer, we tried to get a parts warranty claim for the customer which was denied, customer then contacted BRP customer service. at which time customer was told no warranty applies as machine was around 2 years out of warranty and swingarm that customer installed is not covered. We, as a dealership felt bad for the customer and child and decided to discount the parts and repair labor as they bought the unit from us, and we try our best to take care of our customers. We ate approx. 74% of the repair bill. Below is the actual comments from our invoice to the customer.
Notes and Comments;
Atv had a broken rear swingarm - both rear axle brake hub mounting bolts
were missing - swing arm broke because of missing mounting bolts
coupled with an overly tight chain which would have pulled side-ways on the
axle hub & the left side axle mount on the swingarm(left side mounting
plate of swingarm is what broke) There is no warranty express or implied
because of the failure was caused by loose(missing bolts) and misadjusted
chain & Atv was 2 years out of factory warranty
We (Dougs' Powersports) gave customer goodwill discounts of both parts and
labor for approx. $224.60

We thought we were doing a customer some goodwill(discounting 74% of her bill for a problem that was very obviously self induced) - But, this post has taught me a lesson, there are some people that you just cant please and you can bend over backwards for and they will still slam you - lesson learned - the sad thing is I will probably be less accomadating in a similiar situation. And, thats bad for everyone. Once bitten, twice shy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode