2002 AC 90 running slow, How to increase speed? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:17 PM
jeffjetski

2002 AC 90 running slow, How to increase speed?

I recently bought my son a arctic cat 90 but it only runs about 10 mph. Is this quad supposed to shift? it revs really high. Is there a way to make these run a bit faster, I already backed out the limiter screw. Any help would be great, he is already maxed out on this the way it is. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:28 AM
jinbeilai

Re: 2002 AC 90 running slow, How to increase speed?

The Arctiv Cat! it is the most famouse of companies producing atv,mototcycle,scooter etc. Maybe would you call the local dealer? I'm not sure what has happed for your 90
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:45 PM

Check your PM (Private Message) for some info I sent you. If wondering, you should see a flashing white letter by your top left logout button.

From my experience, very few "factory dealers" want to advise how to remove restrictors. Some advise how (if it has a CDI jumper like my son's Pred-90) but they won't remove it. Legal thing. And, they don't often know if other restrictors exist on a mini. They often sell the mini as per their "head office" and that's it.

To learn how to "beef up" a mini-ATV, you'll need to contact specialized mini-ATV performance dealers. They will tell you everything from factory parts that must be removed all the way to selling you the needed parts. Like customer sprockets and upgraded CDIs.

See the PM for a few specialized performance dealers who can help out with your AC 90.

Hope this helps...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:20 PM
youngbro

I Just got an AC 90 for free because someone had the same experence. Bad for him, lucky me! I called a few AC dealers, the first had no clue but the second said bring it in and I will remove all the restictor plates for $75. I think he said there are 3? 1- ring at exhaust, 1- Carb, & 1-clutch. Got it back today and it does about 30 mph with me on it 230 lbs. Before I had to push it to get going. Hope that helps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode