60 cc quad help #2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 02:31 PM
dirtbug

60 cc quad help #2

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SPIKE 99 WHEN I ORIGINALY PUT ON THE UNI FILTER THE BIKE WAS RUNNING RICH & FOULING PLUGS & WOULDN'T crisp out, but when i ran it to test, with no air filter,it would clear up. it was running the 90 jet at that time. so i whent out and got the uni filter thinking that i could at least run the 90 jet with no problem, cause of more air / a leaner mixture. i agree with you about being able to run a larger main with the uni. but it just won't get up to any rpm with that much fuel, this is why i have jetted down so far. and even at that size main i am running the needle down all the way, it will or did get up to rpm this way . even if i move the needle up 1 or 2 notches, it will not run well at all. the not running well and fouling plugs even with an 85 main is why i rebuilt the top end 7 months ago cause it did'nt have much compression, and i thought thats why it wasn't burning the gas. also at the time i did the top end, i disabled the auto oiler, i am now premixing at 40 to 1. i have had running problems with both oiling methods. I am very frustrated with this bike, i have worked on alot of bikes/cars, but this one is really getting me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 04:01 PM

Re: 60 cc quad help #2

Unknown to many, pre-mix ratio is based on the exact brand of oil and not the initial jetting. When people remove their OI, they often run 32:1 and set the carb jets from there. Unfortunately, exact brand of oil dictates the ratio. For more details, surf:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48999677gMWqxc
Note: Click full size at the bottom of this page to read its fine print text.

In the future, I plan to upgrade to Amsoil Intercept at 45:1. (Currently, I'm running Amsoil Dominator at 48:1). Amsoil Dominator is rated for racing engines and Amsoil Dominator is rated for Trail Riding engines. Since we only do trail riding, Intercept flavor at 45:1 will be much better for us.

For more details on the Amsoil Pre-Mix oil ratings, surf:

http://www.amsoil.com/images/2cycle_chart.gif

Note: Each of us have our own favorite brands of Pre-Mix oil. If you pick a different brand, do your investigation / confirmation really well. Incorrect ratio and/or brand's flavor will make or break an engine.

------------------

When you removed / Disabled the OI system, did you also block the little oil inlet hose on your carb? If not, do block this little inlet (on the carb). Solder and a vacuum rubber cap works great.

------------------

Check your PM for my email id. I'll try to help you with your carb jetting questions. thanks.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 06:17 PM

Re: 60 cc quad help #2

dirtbug,

I sent you 2 PMs (Private Messages). One yesterday and one today. I get the feeling you haven't seen them. If wondering, you can access your PMs by clicking on the little letter envelope located near the top left corner of your screen. If you look beside your "logout" button, you'll see a little white envelope. Click on it for the next steps.

Hope this helps...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode