Bombardier performance (90 cc) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Bayou250

Bombardier performance (90 cc)

I talked to the mechanic who peformed the work said that the screen in the back of the exhaust was clogged, that the jets in the and the linkage ( im assuming throttle ) in the carb were out of adjustment from the factory. We bought this 4 wheeler brand new mind you. Also he said that he found some water in the bottom of the carb. I dont know why it was like this since my son had not driven it through any water. All I know is that since it was worked on and everything was adjusted, it runs like a champ. All of the adults love riding it. I just hope no one runs into the same inital problems that I had. It was very discouraging. Once again since it was adjusted, its a strong running little 4 wheeler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 08:59 AM

Re: Bombardier performance (90 cc)

Water in the gas / carb can happen when its tank is 1/8 to 3/4 full, and the weather temps go up / down. Fall and spring is the worst time of year for gasoline "water condensation". To help reduce this natural effect, mix your next tank of gas with gasline antifreeze. (as per its ratio recommendations). This antifreeze fluid helps reduce water condensation.

Another way to eliminate condentation is to keep the mini-gas tank full AFTER every ride. This dramaticailly helps.

-------------------

If you live in a freezing cold climate (like my family), do NOT use oil down the brake cables. The oil will eventually freeze and/or attract dirt. Thus, "gum up" the cable's movement. For me, I found the best lubricate for cables in my cold area is "gasline antifreeze". It melts frozen water condentation in the cables and helps keep it away - so the cables won't freeze & get stuck.

Hope this helps as well...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode