Kymco ATV - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 05:38 PM
waller

Kymco ATV

Does anyone know where I can find reviews on Kymco ATVs? I am looking at purchasing two a 50 or 90cc ATV for my sons this Christmas and I am trying to compare manufactures.

Is Kymco a good brand?

Waller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 09:27 AM
badvox

Re: Kymco ATV

Well it looks like its past xmas but I hope you bought the Kymcos. They are definitely a good brand. In fact they are good enough that Arctic Cat is now using them to build their 50, 90, and 250cc quads this year.

My kids have 2 50's and 1 90. The 90 will be racing this season and there are plenty of aftermarket parts now if you want to race. Even if not racing Kymco has plenty of parts and dealers to fix your atvs.

This is not a chinese knock off. Kymco is the real deal.

badvox
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 12:34 AM
jinbeilai

Hi Badvox,

Have you got some brands of atv made in China? What does make you believe Chinese vehilce not good? Hope to communicate with you in near future about various brand vehicles.

Jinbeilai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:50 PM

There are several reasons why there is a perception that chinese vehicles suck in the US. Some are grounded, some are probably not. Whether a chinese built rip off of a Honda 50 is more proned to break or not, I don't know.

The single biggest issue is parts. Since many of the rip off brands are being pushed through Checker, PepBoys, Auto Zone, etc, you really don't get a support network when you buy the bike. When I buy a Honda, I know that I'm getting a proven product. I know that I'm getting a network of dealerships, and that in most places across the country, there's going to be someone who knows how to fix them. I know if a throttle cable snaps on the trail, or if I smash open the primary case on a rock, that there will be parts available. Even where parts aren't available, it's rare that you can't get what you're looking for within a week from one of the major japanese companies.

Now whether the chinese companies are improving this, I don't know. I can say however that I know a couple of people who have snapped throttle cables, and have been unable to get replacements on their PepBoys purchased machines.

Are the chinese brands all bad? I really don't know, having never owned one. I probably never will own one, since I am past the mini-bike stage. I'm sure they're OK. One small word on quality- I don't know the brand, but I believe the Checker is selling a 125 cc dirtbike. I couldn't help but take a closer look at it while I was there, and I did feel it was built a little thin, but that is grounded only on looks. You would really have to beat one up and down a trail for a while before you could really make that call.

As a side note, I did think that kymco is interesting. Perhaps it wouldn't be bad to look at one if ArticCat is in support of them. Might solve the parts and service issue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode