Bombardier 90 cc top speed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Bayou250

Bombardier 90 cc top speed

Is there any way to make my sons Bombardier 90cc go any faster? I have adjusted the throttle screw but seems limited to about 15 mph. Is there any thing else that I can adjust or unplug?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 02:33 AM

Re: Bombardier 90 cc top speed

To go from 15 up to 30....

Some have a ring in their exhaust system.
Some have a sleeve in the carb.
Some have a sleeve in its CVT system.
Some have a jumper on its CDI Box.
Some need a smaller rear sprocket.

For our Pred-90, the info is within my manual and its pages looks like:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58414130hlYTMR
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58414558cWLoqD

Note: Click on View Full Size at the bottom of each picture in order to enlarge the picture.

Check your manual to determine if you have simular pages. If I remember correctly, your 2 stroke DS-90 does has a CDI with either a jumper or a dial setting.

Hope this helps...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 09:16 PM

I found the below on another mini-quad forum....

------------
I think the DS90 is the same as the Artic Cat which has a restrictor in the carb slide, header flange, variator, exaust end cap, and a 50t rear sprocket. Remove these restrictors and change to a 28t rear sprocket and you should be up to speed.
------------

For details of these changes, you may want to contact Billy Holt @ WRH Racing. His URL is: http://www.wrhracing.net/contact_us

If wondering, he's the one who wrote the above info on the other mini-quad forum.

Hope this helps...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 09:21 PM

In addition to the above info, you might want to upgrade its rear shock. Thus, giving it more suspension depth. For details from another DS90 owner....

----------------

DS90 - Suspension upgrade tip:

Have you noticed that the little 90cc atv's have very little suspension travel. My son's 2002 DS90 has 2 inches of travel upfront and 2 inches of travel in the rear. I was getting very disappointed watching him drive and bouncing all over the place. I looked for aftermarket rear mono shocks. Nothing, at least not at a reasonable price. I remembered visiting a local E-Ton dealer and noticed that the rear suspension had 4 -6 inches of good travel on their 90cc machines. I looked at the setup and low and behold it is identical to mine. I ordered the rear mono shock for $62.00 shipped and installed it on my little bomber in 10 minutes. Wow, it's like a new machine. Good, smooth, clean travel and no other modifications. How easy is that! I don't have the product number, but they ordered the 2004 rear mono shock off of their 90cc machine. The local E-Ton dealer was more than willing to offer me some help with this modification. My son is excited to go riding since he won't be bounced off of the trails anymore.. Great little machine. Mounted a speedometer and light kit on it. This little baby will top out at 31 mph. Plenty fast for a little machine.

---------------

Note: Verify all suggested parts before ordering. It might or might NOT work on the exact year of your DS90.

Hope this helps as well....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode