Why do youth racers run small atv's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 02:38 AM
duneshooter

Why do youth racers run small atv\'s

I am a 14 year old youth racer and I have been racing large atv's all my life. When i was 11 I started on a raptor 660 my next bike was a custom banshee 370. So why must young riders be limited to small bikes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:04 AM
212RACING

Re: Why do youth racers run small atv\'s

where do race? your back yard. you don't meet the age requirements for any atva races on either of those quads.
mom is calling you to take the trash out and do your homework jr. someday your dreams will come true and you really might race against another quad.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:11 AM
212RACING

here you go champ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
their are age requirements to RACE quads on any atva sanctioned track, so which tracks do you race at or do you just race the dog around the tree in the back yard.
keep doing your homework jr. someday you can race for real [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 PM
drstar67

let's start with the glaring obvious:

What the heck was any right minded person doing letting you ride a Raptor at 11. 14yr perhaps if you a big kid (6ft tall), but you are way to young to be riding anything with that kind of power. Not speaking about racing just riding, your to young to be set loose on a raptor or banshee, you folks should be thinking carefully about your safety. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 08:23 PM
duneshooter

Say what you like but if I ride any smaller of a bike then its way too little power. What can you do with a bike that only has 90 cc. Theirs no power involved in small bikes. I started a drag racer and thats were i started ON BIG BIKES. Im not a big kid 5'5'' i just know how do ride. Your kid thinks he can beat me then you can come to pismo beach CA and Try. TEACH YOUR KID HOW TO RIDE A REAL BIKE.

p.s. THEY DONT ASK FOR A BIRTH CERTIFICATE DO THEY.

RIDE OR DIE
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
drstar67

Please, the other guys kid is just a kid. So you drag in the sand, so what, that is not a skill kid, you just point and shoot, big deal. So your 14 now and 5'5, your big enough to ride whatever you can handle, but a 11 year old should not be riding either of the bike you Claim to ride.

Real track or course racing has set rules for the safety of the riders, if you did any of that, you would not be asking such obvious questions.

Moreover, as far as power goes, if you ever rode a tricked out MX race quad such as say a trx90 with a national kit you might find it has all you need on the track, but since you don't actually race.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:43 AM
rawdawg

I WAS RIDING A 250R WHEN I WAS 14 BUT THAT WAS IN THE OLD DAYS 1988, ITS POSSIBLE THAT YOU CAN RIDE A RAPTER MY 8YEAR OLD HAS RODE MY CANNANDALE ON A OPEN FIELD UNDER CLOSE SUPERVISION AND HE HAS BEEN RACING SINCE HE WAS 4. BUT TO GO OUT AND RACE A FULL SIZE QUAD WITH "CRAZY" GROWN MEN IS JUST NOT BELIEVABLE. GET YOU A BLASTER AND BE HAPPY, NONE OF US BELIEVE YOU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode