Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Youth ATV (https://forums.off-road.com/youth-atv/)
-   -   kamuzu meerkat user in united kindom needs advice (https://forums.off-road.com/youth-atv/211776-kamuzu-meerkat-user-united-kindom-needs-advice.html)

hollow 08-15-2005 05:47 PM

kamuzu meerkat user in united kindom needs advice

i recently purchased a 50cc four stroke meerkat for the kids my wife uses it mostly as its way too fast for my kids to use on there own
my wife loves this thing like a child only it has 2 problems
one is at full throttle when you let go of the revs it snakes badly from side to side unless you slowly release the throttle is there anyway to stop this happening as my wife will kill her self (only very light 6 tone in weight)

secondly when trying to climb hills the quad struggles unless its approached at full throttle it has no low down power (a friend has one but it came with a different carb and does not suffer this problem )

and is there any mods to make this quad go faster (four stroke honda engine/clone)

hoping some of you guys may be able to help as it seems most of the uk doesnt have a clue about atv's

thanks in advance

ritter 08-21-2005 03:49 PM

Re: kamuzu meerkat user in united kindom needs advice

I don't have any advice for you but I am seeking your advice. My son is about to turn 3 and I was looking at the Kamuzu meerkat for him. What do you like or dislike about the atv. You said it is too fast? How old are your kids and what do you mean that it keeps snaking?

crystal 08-26-2005 09:42 PM

HI my son is just about 6 and he has a little red 50 cc kazuma. They are not too fast. He has not had any trouble with his. They can go slow going up a hill because you need to switch it to first gear when going up a hill. Also adults are not suppose to ride these, it says on the side no riders under 6 or over 88 pounds. It might be too fast for a three yr old. I have a daughter that is 3 and we do not allow her to drive it, although my son is allowed to give her rides. Hope this info helps

CAATVRider 09-04-2005 11:53 PM

there is a throttle limit screw on my 6 year old son's meerkat. It's on top of the right side handle bar and it has a small screw and nut on it. by screwing it in and tighting the nut you can limit how far you can push the throttle. My 3 year old son also is riding it and having lots of fun.. time to purchase a 3nd one.