beginer with a Baja Motorsports Wilderness 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
ckohanowski

beginer with a Baja Motorsports Wilderness 90

I bought one for my son for his 1st atv. It was cheap. New to the atv scene and have a couple of questions. Since I am new I was wondering about any modifications to this 4 stroke motor to make it faster without spending much. I know there are universal parts. I replaced rear fender with a rator 80 which is identical. Are other Yamaha parts useable on this? I read about restrictors. Where do I find them (if there are) and remove them to make it go faster. I am also reading about new pipe, airbox, carb rejet. Any mods for this that dont cost much. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 09:03 PM
danvan

Re: beginer with a Baja Motorsports Wilderness 90

I just bought a Baja 90 for my daughter.

Have u found any tricks for making is faster?

Dan
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Rich281

I just bought one as well. I found there is an electronic speed restrictor under the left rear fender. It has a small adjusting screw to adjust the speed it restricts at. I simply pulled the plug on mine. This will help the top end speed.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:47 PM
mgregory

I got a Baja 90 - pretty happy with it. One thing I noticed about a week after I got it though, the swing arm bushings/frame seem to be loose. Tried tightening them up, but wasn't sure how much to crank on them. They make a knocking noise when you rock the quad back and forth by the handle on the back. I wanted to see a new quad at CanadianTire to compare this with, but they keep selling them as soon as they get them in. lol. They sold around 6 since they first introduced them. Do your guy'ses make the same noise? Also when you hit top speed the engine starts missing and you have to back off. Probably the valves are beginning to float at that rpm? I haven't fooled around with the electronic restrictor yet. Thanks!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Roosey2

I have just bought a Baja 90 and i was wondering about that speed ristrictor was keeping the engine from over reving or if it was just stoping the atv from going to fast for the little guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 07:40 PM
mgregory

Hi! What year raptor 80 plastic did you use? I got the front fenders to replace and might as well do the back as well. Did they bolt on exactly or did you have to do some mods? Thanks!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 04:28 PM

I work for Baja. all you have to do is remove the plug located on the left hand side of the bike towards the rear of the vehicle under the fender. this will void your warratny but will increase the speed for max of 15mph to 30mph.
Baja
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
drstar67

what mods have any of you tried out there.

I want to put a better tire wheel package on for my girl to race with. Will say: a TRX90 wheel fit, or raptor 80, how about after market axles? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img] <font color="red"> </font>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 01:25 PM
drstar67

beginer with a Baja Motorsports Wilderness 90

Speedtrap Spacers (for on ebay) will widen out that quad, My daughter got picked up as a sponsored rider They work great. Look into that, and put a replacement K&N in that pup and it will fly.

Another thing, if you put a table spoon of PROLUBE, or DURALUBE OR SLICK50 in the oil after a couple of hours breakin it will make that engine last twice as look and run stronger too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 07:40 AM
BajaRider08

Can Anyone tell me how to make my atv alot faster cheap and Easy??? im new to the atv Gaame and i just bought my son the Baja 90. Its nice but im also looking for new tires...Thanks alot dudes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode