Eton Viper 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:39 AM
jenn30

Eton Viper 90

I am going to be purchasing our familys first atv. I have three daughters, and it will be for my oldest. She is 7 years old, tall and weighs 75 lbs. They will maily be riding around our farm. I have looked at the Yomoto, Red Cat and the other cheap atv's. I have also looked at the Honda and other name brands. With the research that I have done it seems to me that the Eton Viper 90 would be the best atv for the money. I like the safety features and have read a lot of good posts about it. Do any of you have any experience with it? I would appreciate any information that you could provide me.

A couple of questions that I have include:
1. Is it dourable and reliable enough to last through my 3 girls?
2. When they are learning and I have the rev limiter turned way down will it have enough torque to get going?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a two stroke?
4. Will the two stroke last?

Any information would be great.

Thank you,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:56 AM
bgarv

Re: Eton Viper 90

These things are solid. I have a left over 2004 and a 2005 eton 90 both bought at the same time. I have a 7 year old girl and a 10 year old girl. They both have a blast on them.

Regarding durablity I am 6'8 275 and they pull me around the yard and trail no problem and no squeaks groan or weird noises. If you have seen one you have probably notice the well built apperance and beefy components. If you go to the following link you will find some good articles and shootouts with the kawasaki kfx 80. http://www.etonamerica.com/AD_News.htm

The rev limiter just stops the throttle from being pushed further forward but the power and tourque to get to that set limit are the same as when the machine is set wide open. I adjusted my youngest and she noticed that when she was going down hills she was rolling faster than the engine was pushing her. I opened up a bit more, she is fairly timid and knows her limits regarding speed.

These 2 strokes have auto oil injection so you just put in gas and that is it. The 2 stroke smoke a little when they start and stink a little if you are riding behind them but nothing that would make me discourage someone from purchasing.

These 2 strokes are not the racing high performance ones that need to have the top end torn down and rebuilt once a year. These are scooter engines just like kawasaki uses. They are meant to be low maintenance long lasting motors.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I paid 1800 a peice.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Cindy

generally speaking, two stroke engine will make the quad run faster comparing with four stroke engines, but with some gas not burn out, it will have some smoke just like the floor above said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 09:57 AM

2-stroke vrs 4 stroke items to consider....

- 2-stroke with open CVT tranny & open Stator areas means they can't handle deep water. Yes, water puddles can go above their engines but the more you do it, the more it increases the risk of tranny &/or stator problems.

- 2 strokes do smoke. Because of this, you "may" not be ablve to drive them on certain public trails (especially in CA) during certain times of the year.

- I have a buddy who loves his Viper 90. Press on the gas and go since day one. For him, he cleans the air filter, changes and CVT tranny oil and keeps the water levels BELOW the running boards. For him and their mostly dry trails, its a great little mini. He'd recommend his Viper 90 every time.

- For my "mud / swamp" trails, I should have purchased a 4 stroke. 4 strokes have sealed ignition systems and sealed tranny systems. Thus, mass amounts of mud / water spray would NOT be a problem.

Hope this helps as well....

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:17 PM
danvan

I have a eton 150, great machine.

My 8 yr old daughter has baja 90, the eton is much better quality, I fly around out on the trails.

My friend whoes over 200lbs was cranking along on the eton also. I think it holds up very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode