1987 yamaha champ 100 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 04:35 PM
lon426

1987 yamaha champ 100

hi i have a 1987 yamah champ that i had rebuilt last summer it ran great for a while but a buddy of mine borrowed it for a day and when he brought it back it ran like it had a bad plug so i changed it but it still runs very bad it pops and sputters and wont idle if anyone could give me some advise it would be greatly appreciated ty lon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:59 PM

Re: 1987 yamaha champ 100

Hello I think I may have a few tips that might help . First thing I would check is the ground from your coil to make sure it is not loose and if that is ok check your main jet to make sure you do not have any dirt in it . All it takes is one grain of dirt to mess up your jetting. Hope this helps
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:47 PM

Also check the gas inline filter (if it has one) and why type of gas he/she may have put in it. Who knows that type of gas they may have poured in. If pre-mix, check the oil mixture in your tank. Might be worth dumping and re-filling.

Also check its choke (auto or manual choke???) and the condition of its air filter. The air filter could be so plugged, its acting like the choke is on.

Also check it mufflter &/or Spark Arrestor. Many call these "a carbon & crud container". Ensure it isn't full of stuff and causing too much back pressure.

Hope these ideas help as well...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 06:48 PM
lon426

thanks guys i'll try what you said
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Chris Pratt

Just to let all of yall know I have a complete yamaha Champ and I am parting it off so if yall need parts email me and I will get back with you on prices and the items you need [email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 PM

need parts

chris pratt , do you still have the 87champ ,i need parts looking for a good cdi box also the ignition switch.depending where bike is located maybee whole bike .email me at [email protected].com .im in michigan . ive been trying to email you , but it wont go through
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM

been trying to get with ya .i need parts .looking for good cdi box an ignition switch .email me [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode