pros cons of 70cc e ton and yomoto quads - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
drivesmopars

pros cons of 70cc e ton and yomoto quads

iam new to this my 1 st post iam looking for a 70 for my sons 1 st quad who is 8 years old
i dont need leading brands so far i ve read good things about eton and yomoto
but have not seen them in sacramento calif area

whats the skinny on these

thanks in advance bill [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 07:46 AM
HammerTime

Re: pros cons of 70cc e ton and yomoto quads

I bought a Yamoto 70 for my daughter for Christmas. Can't say I'd highly recommend it. One of the features I really liked about it, the remote kill switch, drains the battery for no reason - and has had to be disabled. I spend a lot of time tightening or replacing fasteners. Yesterday, I found the rear axle nut completely backed out and sliding across the axle. It's got some great features for the price. 4-stroke, electric start (no backup though), shaft drive. From what I've seen so far, if you need a part that has to be ordered from the distributor, don't plan on seeing it soon. I'm holding my breath & hoping that nothing breaks that would disable it.

At this point, I'm considering selling it and going with the Polaris Predator 90. Decided to go with the Yamoto for the features & price. But neither the features, nor the price are worth much if you can't count on parts availability to keep it going. Who knows - it may hold together just fine, or maybe Yamoto's distributor (Patriot) might get their heads out their butts.

Do have to say that my daughter loves the thing. Friends who have Suzuki 50 noticed how much more stable the Yamoto is than theirs. Could be a hell of a buy if their was just a bit more hardware integrity, and a decent parts supply line.

Bottom line, if I were doing it over - there'd be a Polaris Predator in my garage sitting next to my Raptor. Have fun with whatever you get. Get out & ride with your son all you can. For me, it's some of the best time spent with my daughter.

Good Luck!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:15 PM
raptor50racing

do not buy a yomoto. You cant get parts and there customer service is none. very bad company
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 12:00 AM

I'm sorry to see that you are cutting down Yamoto.
You have to understand that the distrubution company that recently took over is in the process on moving their warehouse and also re-engineering many of the parts they had problems with. Their Dealer network is growing, and growing so fast that any small company would have a hard time keeping up with the demand. If you have a hard time getting parts, you can always buy them direct at Yamoto by Patriot the National Distributor! or Call them on the phone at (949)488-0481 as for Jason, he is the best parts guy there. I usually have the parts I need in less than 4 days (shipped from CA to PA, not bad). Since Patriot has taken over the Yamoto line, they have totally improved the products 100%. If someone has a problem with the 2005 models, it is because the dealer didn't do the proper prep work on the machine. Before Patriot took over, many people assembled the machines themselves and they didn't do the things that they should have done. If you goto a Local Dealer and compare last years machines with the 2005 machines, you will see that you can't cone close to the quality or price that the new Yamoto machines have. Also, you cannot beat the 5 Year Conditional Engine Guarantee (No other Company even comes close). All the 2005 Models have better suspension with the Double A-arm Independent Front suspension and better shocks with more travel. To see how the Yamoto 70cc compares to the Yamaha Raptor 80 J.R. Fries Motorsports.Com Check it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 02:09 AM

I have nothing but good things to say about my Sons Eton Viper . We have since had to rebuild the top end tiwce but only due to racing and alot of riding he has put on it ,and had one defected Airsal kit that we got replaced for Free. . My Son was 5 when we bought it and is 8 now, we have since modified his 50 to a 70 top end( 50 bottom) and will be testing it out next week for the first time. They make a decent amnt. of Aftermarket for them threw WRH..
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 01:07 PM
bgarv

I know your question is about the 70 eton but let me give you someinsight to what I have experience with eton.

I have two eton viper 90's, one for each of my daughter's 7 and 10. They look cool and they are built rock solid. I am 6'8 275 and they move me around with no complaints or squeaks. They have good safety features like the footboards instead of the pegs so the child's feet are protected from the tires. They start right up and run great.

Interesting article can be found here; http://www.etonamerica.com/AD_News.htm where they compare the "Shootout: E-TON Viper 90 vs. Kawasaki KFX80"

Hope this helps
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
chris31849

I agree. Yamoto is nothing but problems and breakdowns. It looked good and the price was right but its a pretty unhappy experience when you get your kid out there and it breaks down. We have a polaris 90 now too. There is no comparison. Should have spent the extra $1000 to begin with. You can get parts, there are local dealers. Here is a tip for you unfortunate Yamoto owners. Check the oil in the transfer case every 5 minutes or it will drain out and burn up. Maybe if you are lucky enough to find parts buy three of them. I'm waiting on our third. We have had it since christmas.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 03:53 PM
solastweek

I am in the unfortunate category of being a Yamoto owner as well. Just got a 70 and a 110 at Christmas for my kids, and have had nothing but trouble. Looked good, great price, nothing but headaches. I have had one or the other or both in for repairs after EVERY outing, and the topper was last weekend when the 110 blew the oil cap off, spewed hot oil all over my son and then caught on fire. NO help from the dealer NOR from Patriot. Pretty much got the "Sorry, not our fault." I join the others in wanting to sell these and purchase the Predator 90s. The Yamoto is NOT worth the money you save!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 01:53 PM
faaiish

man after reading these posts I am glad I went with the polaris predator 50 and the sportsman 90 for my kids. Two years with hard trail riding at the Hatfield McCoy trails in west virginia and I have only had to replace a stator. Good luck if you own one, I was concidering buying one of the 150's for an upgrade for my 12 year old but I think I will hold off and buy a Hawkeye instead.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:01 AM
jinbeilai

I have read out all messages posted here and found that some people don't like yamoto vehicle because of short of replace parts, defectvie quality etc. Who does like to infomr me where you bug your yamoto and which company produces them?
Thanks in advance.

JINBEILAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode