What to buy? 50cc Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, Dazon? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 05:18 PM
FlashGordon

What to buy? 50cc Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, Dazon?

I would like to purchase a 50cc quad for my 6-1/2 year old boys, well almost 7 in January and would like to know what would you buy a 50cc Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, or Dazon?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM

Re: What to buy? 50cc Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, Dazon?

the Kawasaki is esentially a Suzuki in a different color. A 2 strke oil injected machine. Fairly heavily de-tuned from the manufacturer. They have a washer in the exhaust where the head pipe and the head meet. Removing that will make the machine run a little leaner and breathe easier. It also has a tether that can be pulled to kill the machine. In case the guy ventures towards a ditch or something. Also has a throttle limiter. Great machine, low maintenance.

Honda to my knowledge just makes a 90. Not a fifity.

And whatever the other brand was, stay away from anything you can't get parts for in ANYTOWN, USA. Polaris, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki all have parts available very easily.

There are brands that swear they are an exact knock off, well if they were they would be the same price. those other brands are a ride and toss machine. Something not meant to be passed from one kid to the next.

You get hwat you pay for.

Jesse
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 07:07 PM

Re: What to buy? 50cc Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, Dazon?

My advice is if all possible try and go with a Honda. But I dont belive they make a 50cc they start with a 90cc . Both of my kids have been racing the TRX 90 for the past two years and have had very good luck with the engines and the frame holding up. One is stock and one is a fully modified race quad. The stock quad is my 7 year old girls quad that she races in the stock pee wee class and it has works shocks for the stock application and that is all done to this quad. The modified quad is my 10 year old sons quad that he races in the super mini class it has a +2 rear swing arm with a cr80 rear shock ,custom dual a arms that make it 43in wide with 16in dual rate works shocks ,114cc big bore kit on the 90cc engine ,over sized Makuni carb, Big Gun pipe, ITP alum wheels with maxxis Razors front and rear, stock rear axle with 3in wheel spacers and it is very fast . So to sum it up I was just trying to show you how much you can do to the TRX 90 and it will hold up to the beating, we are still on the same frame with no break or cracks in it . Hope this helps [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode