Raptor 50 and 80 performance mods - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 05:09 PM
raptor50racing

Raptor 50 and 80 performance mods

I keep hearing about how bad the little Raptors are and buy this one or buy that one. Well its time to put a end to it! My son Raptor 50 does 30+ mph. Oh yes that right. The Quads was design for small riders in mind. Small handlebars, brake handles and switchs for little hands. what happens when you put him on a bigger Quad? Well you know.Now back to make the 50 and the 80 faster. They both have different things done to them at the factory. The 50 more because it was design for smaller rides. You have to start with the carb. #1 rejet carb (main jet 80. pilot jet 12.5 replace the slide with part# 2HX-14112-35-00 also need to replace main nozzle to part# 2HX-14141-78-00. Ok carb done let move on.remove the two screw on throttle housing, you will see a gold bracket you need to replace with part# 36B-2625H-00. NOW YOU HAVE FULL THROTTLE! on the 80 dont replace the slide or the bracket just rejet. remove all of the air cleaner assy and install KN air filter with outerwear. this is part one of many mods for more wait for more post or go to www.raptor80racing.com ask for al. great guy will help you with all your needs.Yamaha Rules dont let anybody tell you different. My sons 50 next to my wife Blaster. open attachment above to see picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1365267-raptor50 002xx.jpg (54.5 KB, 773 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 08:25 AM
ajjamroz

Re: Raptor 50 and 80 performance mods

How does rejetting the carb help with the speed on the raptor 50? The rev limiter is electronic, in the cdi box, and once the unit hits 2300 rpms it kicks in and the unit won't go any faster no matter what the air fuel mixture is.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:35 PM
raptor50racing

well you have to start little at a time. if you do the first mod (carb) the quad will have burst of speed. yes, it will hit the rev limter quicker.but the youth will back off the throttle will playing around. if you trail ride and looking for top speed. You need mod 2 which is changing the size of the tires,mod 3 is removing rev limter with one that can be adjusted.Yes,that can be done!the new part will be out by the end of the year. its being test at this time we will have them no later then mid jan.I posted this just to let know it is coming. PS before you go out and buy bigger tires. we have new hub that will change the bolt pattern of the quad to 4/100.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:20 AM
raptor50racing

Ok MOD #3. At this time all CDI boxes have fail. I at this time am using a Raptor 80 wire hardness and CDI box. This replacement is very easy. remove old wire hardness and Raptor 80, the CDI will not mount on to old bracket. You will need a piece of metal 1" by 6" long drill to holes. by doing this change it will double in speed.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 07:35 PM
robertyfz

Raptor racing,
Are you suggesting to use the wire hardness and CDI of Raptor 80 on the Raptor 50? Then modify the bracket to fix the new cdi?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
gse1sw

Hey all, I have found this thread while researching why my son's Raptor 50 is so slow and gutless. Raptor50racing, I see your comments above, and I am intrigued. I know that this little 50cc beast is capable of so much more than the factory set it up for. I would like it very much if you could tell me what you paid for the raptor 80 CDI and harness. We have two problems with ours. first the engine is hobbled with this CDI. (a 4 stroke has all it's performance in the top end which this one cannot attain) secondly the clutch slips, this sux for trying to get up a hill, this one can't even get out of a ditch.
I feel that the clutch issue is caused by the engine not being allowed to get to it true HP and engage the clutch fully.
Please tell me what you paid for the CDI and harness. and if you have learned anything further on new 50cc CDI's
Thanks in advance
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 12:55 PM
raptor50racing

look in e-bay fro the parts. I paid $35.00 for cdi unit and the harness at the dealer $85.00. You need to do carb mod to get it full trottle.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 12:56 PM
raptor50racing

it will not change the rpm by doing the carb mod. it has more power till it hit rev limter. got to do both, the carb and wiring harness.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
raptor50racing

yes, you will double your speed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 06:32 PM
tunda450

raptor50racing, are you saying that the raptor 80 harness will plug right into the 50 with out any splicing and such?
I got a cdi and harness off of ebay still waiting on it so I just wanted to get prepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
atv, diy, how to, kids, mini-quad, racing, tech, yamaha, youth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode