Raptor 50 and 80 performance mods - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 02:48 AM
varamrod

15 Mph

15 MPH is what my hand held GPS said I was doing the other day on the road and I weigh 210, Keep in mind my 8 year old son is riding this and he weighs about 50 . I just added my third mod which was the raptor 80 throttle plate after a K&N and Big Gun rev box. I really hope that the exhaust and jetting the carb and changing the slide will get me to at least 25 can someone give me some guidance and there has to be something else restricting the top end gearing or sprockets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

How come more kids aren't racing the Raptor 50 and 80 these days? Are there mod challenges? What kind of used parts and bikes are on the market?

post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Stranger

Raptor 50

Looking into buying a used raptor 50 for my 8 year old daughter. This will be her first atv. It's stock now, but if it's only doing 12-14mph...I will be looking into some type of mods after she is used to riding and shows she can handle it safely.

Can someone post up some links and prices for current mods for this atv. I see this thread was started awhile ago.

The guy only wants $250 for this raptor 50 and he says it's in great shape.

Going to look at it next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 AM

Raptor 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunda450 View Post
raptor50racing, are you saying that the raptor 80 harness will plug right into the 50 with out any splicing and such?
I got a cdi and harness off of ebay still waiting on it so I just wanted to get prepared.
Did you get your bike working yet? I am interested as I have the same one. Drop me an email [email protected]
post #25 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:14 PM

raptor 50

is there a hotter plug you can run in raptor 50 other than the autolite that came in it and does changing the cdi box help enough to change if so which one is best for money?
post #26 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Novice

Plugs and Cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
is there a hotter plug you can run in raptor 50 other than the autolite that came in it and does changing the cdi box help enough to change if so which one is best for money?
If you took out an Autolite I would say that it was not stock. All new yamahas run NGK plugs. stock part numbr NGK-CR7HSA try this plug first and if you want hotter just go to a NGK-CR6HSA the lower the number the hotter the plug.

As far as the CDI box I would go BIG GUN I had one on my CRF50 and it performed great. Also the other guys on here are saying that good results.

Just remember adding a CDI would work best with a new high flow airfilter (K&N) and Jet Kit as well as the intake mods and an exhaust system.

If you want speed be prepared to spend a little cash.

check us out and let Honda East Toledo Maumee, OH 1 (877) 437-1631 we will ship anything you want to whereever -- let them know Rob sent you.
post #27 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Anybody have trouble finding the carb parts. Yamaha dont have a clue to what I'm talking about. Is there an aftermarket that sells these parts. Did anyone find out exactly how many balls to remove from the clutch to find its happy spot.Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
atv, diy, how to, kids, mini-quad, racing, tech, yamaha, youth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode