Raptor 50 and 80 performance mods - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 12:50 AM
212RACING

Re: Raptor 50 and 80 performance mods

i see there is a raptor50 aftermarket cdi unit now,is this yours?

what about single and dual a-arms?

you should post on a couple of other mini-quad sites regarding 50 hop-up parts, there are many wanting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 03:01 PM
raptor50racing

the only mod will be on the left brake assy wire. remove the ends off old one and put them on the new (80) that it
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
tunda450

thanks for the info. I'll let u know how it goes when I recieve the parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:44 PM
mrfiberman

I installed the procomengineering CDI unit, it works excellent. ( 2 min. install ) The Yamaha parts gal couldn't locate the main jet 80 she needed to refence it from another motorcycle or quad and the replacement part for the gold bracket P.N. 36B-2625H-00 didn't show up as a valid number everything else is on it's way. Can you help with any info for these 2 parts? Thanks, Mrfiberman
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:48 PM
mrfiberman

Procomengineering.com has the cdi unit for 137.50 mine was delivered in 2 days it took 2 minutes to install and there was a noticable gain in speed.
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
raptor50racing

update on mods to raptor 50. needed gears on the quad, so I swap the eng with champ 100cc 4 speed. Bored to 110cc pop up piston, race cam, port head and bigger valves. The faster raptor 50 in town. http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/4...r50010x9xv.jpg
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Guitars911

raptor50racing, you stated that you put a Raptor 80 CDI on a Raptor 50. This doubled the speed on the Raptor 50. I would love to do this aswell, but the research I just did leads me to believe this is not possible. The 2 CDI's are completely different in the way the wires connect? The wires on the 50 CDI look to be internal where the 80 CDI has wires that are external? I got this info from an online parts diagram for both atv's.

Is there any way you could post a photo of how you wired up the 80 CDI onto the Raptor 50? I also understand that a new custom mounting bracket is needed, that is no problem for me.

There are currently no stock Raptor 80 CDI's listed on eBay..javascript:void(0)
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'll keep checking though!

Thanks in advance!
post #18 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 09:37 PM
atvingnc

raptor50racing

sent you a request for some further information on the 100cc engine replacement.

Thanks
atvingnc
post #19 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:39 PM
atvingnc

raptor50racing

Did the Raptor 50 engine swap require changing the CDI, regulator or any of the wiring harness ???.

Thanks
atvingnc
post #20 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:11 PM
varamrod

The 50 can rock

I just wanted to write and validate that with certain mods the Raptor 50 isn't the gutless snail everyone accuses it to be. I have just begun, with the K&N replacement not the clamp on, Big Gun CDI and it is noticability faster. I still need to jet the carb, Change the slide and an exhaust then it will keep up with my other son's CRF 50. If anyone has info on gearing up grades for more top end Please reply. https://forums.off-road.com/attachmen...1&d=1228759848
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload-3.jpg (61.9 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
atv, diy, how to, kids, mini-quad, racing, tech, yamaha, youth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode