eton..finally made up my mind and bought it! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 08:21 PM
coray

eton..finally made up my mind and bought it!

Just want to thank everyone for the info they gave on all the posts. I just bought a 90cc eton viper. I pick it up this weekend. I went to a polaris, kasea, alphasport,and an artic dealer to compare. I thought the eton was the best in everything. Fit ,finish, and performance. I road that thing across the parking lot and it was fast for a 90cc. I have a banshee and it doesnt compare but for a twelve year old its good. The salesman was riding wheelies,doing doughnuts, and he weighed 200+. What I saw blew my mind. They had a eton in the back room all hopped up. After market exhaust,nerf bars,a-arms,extended swing arm,wider axle,alum. rims,holeshot tires, big bore kit,on,on,on,on. They said it puts out about 53mph.cool. Cant wait, so excited!! What color should I get? Have'nt picked one out. I got 3 days to let them know. My nephew says," he doesnt care". blue,yellow,or red. thanx. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 10:11 PM

Re: eton..finally made up my mind and bought it!

Excellent news!!!!

For a mini, I like yellow. Red reminds me of Honda & Arctic Cat and blue is too boyish. For some reason, many people think yellow is fast.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 05:41 AM
coray

It's a toss up blue or yellow??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 07:14 AM
theplayer

He doesn't have black(with yellow accent?...new color for 2005. Very nice looking. Yellow is way too yellow IMO. Blue would be my second choice....don't care for red at all, looks to kiddie.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 12:30 PM
coray

In order to get black you have to buy the 90r with reverse. I just bought the plain 90cc,comes in red,yellow,blue.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:12 PM

Here's an idea...

Take a hard bottle and lay it on its side. Around its outer circle, wright "Red, Yellow & Blue". Now, spin the bottle. Where the bottle points AFTER stopping is the colour he gets. As you guessed, this is called "spin the bottle and leave it up to faith".

Hope this helps...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 08:03 PM
coray

Thats a good one. [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Hudson5344

Hopefully, some one can assist me in a recommending a ATV for my two sons. I belive a 50cc is too small and I have the opportunity to purchase either a 70cc or 90cc.

Any Thoughts??

Thanks

Paul
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 09:16 PM
coray

My brother just bought my nephew a 90cc viper e-ton. He's is 12 years old , but small for his age. He's about 75 lbs. He already knows how to use a clutch on big bikes but he can't handle a machine of that weight. I would rather see a kid on a bike that he can throw around rather than the bike throwing him around. To answer your question- 70cc,or 90cc. How big are your kids? Have they ever ridden before? A 90 and a 70 are pretty similar in speed from what I hear .Just the tire size is different. I love the etons so far. We went riding yesterday and went through water holes,mud, hills you name it. The bike impressed me. I weigh 165 lbs and rode it up a 40 ft sand hill will no problem. I would lean towards the 90cc that way you can tone it down the the lowest setting to make it slower,when they get comfortable you can bump up the speed. Hope it helps, its nerve racking finding a atv for a kid. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 09:16 PM
coray

My brother just bought my nephew a 90cc viper e-ton. He's is 12 years old , but small for his age. He's about 75 lbs. He already knows how to use a clutch on big bikes but he can't handle a machine of that weight. I would rather see a kid on a bike that he can throw around rather than the bike throwing him around. To answer your question- 70cc,or 90cc. How big are your kids? Have they ever ridden before? A 90 and a 70 are pretty similar in speed from what I hear .Just the tire size is different. I love the etons so far. We went riding yesterday and went through water holes,mud, hills you name it. The bike impressed me. I weigh 165 lbs and rode it up a 40 ft sand hill will no problem. I would lean towards the 90cc that way you can tone it down the the lowest setting to make it slower,when they get comfortable you can bump up the speed. Hope it helps, its nerve racking finding a atv for a kid. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode