let the kids enjoy........ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 01:13 AM
muddynuggetz

let the kids enjoy........

I see alot of dads here who want their kids to fly on these miniquads....hehehe!!! Everything in this life is rushed. Let them enjoy the ATV, and you enjoy yours. I have a 7 year old and a 3 yr old (who is not quite ready for the lt50 to be handed down to yet!), and if your kids are anything like mine, hell, they just enjoy having the oppurtunity to ride and follow Dad and Grandpa on the trails. I think the kids have better memories and develop a greater love for off-roading when there is not a cast or a tragedy involved!! let them slow down a little....then when they become adults like us... then they can haul ass if they chose to do so.

polaris sportsman 4x4.......................mine
2002 Suzuki LT50........................the boys
2004 2 passenger Arcticat 500TRV 4x4....Grandpas

When you come to a fork in the road......unload your ATV and ride down the middle!!!! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 04:20 PM

Re: let the kids enjoy........

I aggree 1000% with you.

Since the 70s, I've read many "negative slanted" news reports, newpaper articals, etc. about the negatives about motocrossing & quading. Pollute our air, tear up our land, they will kill you, etc. every where we look. I've even witnessed a youth ATV safety instructor who couldn't stop preeching about "body count statistics and `the legal law`". Let's face it, every sport and daily activities (even eating hot dogs) has its risk. Let our "young riders" enjoy our sport without getting pushed above their learning curves, and lectures about only its negatives.

If you see something that can be improved on any brand of <nobr><nobr><a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,217960);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(217960);">mini</nobr></a></nobr>, how our "young riders" can improve their skills or how "we as parents" can make quading safer for our kids even better, please share your info.

For example on the Predator 90 brand:

Optional foot brake: Press Here

Brake Inspection &amp; Fix: Press Here

Better Skid Plate: Press Here

Install Optional Front light: Press Here

Safety driving info: Press Here

Wireless Communications: Press Here

With your "here's a situation and here's how to fix it" ideas into this forum (and many other mini-forums), it will make our sport much more enjoyable and safer for our kids. Let them have fun and let them play safer...

Hope the above helps others....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 12:35 AM
muddynuggetz

Re: let the kids enjoy........

my brother in law and I bought atvs at the same time..he opted to buy the bigger quad for his boy. I bought the quad that I thought fit mine right now....they were riding a few weeks ago and man i had to ask my kid to give his cousin his space or he was going to hurt someone!!!! He was continually off the trails, out of control, and kept asking my son to use his radio and ask us to go help him out!! My son enjoyed the day with no problems he rode had a good time and followed me around our trails....My nephew spent the day frustrated and complaining about the quad he was on. My nephew even went as far to mess up his wheel and his tire came completely off! he did get to watch us ride for the remainder of the afternoon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode