Pred-90 - Foot Brake Customization... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Pred-90 - Foot Brake Customization...

I'm NOW "on the hunt" for several companies that will create a custom brake cable for our Polaris Predator 90. If wondering, I'm currently converting its factory hand brake lever to a foot brake system. Creating the foot brake was the easy part. I'm having a "heck of a time" trying to find a company who can create custom cables. I found 1 company but I'd like estimates ffrom a few more companies, to ensure the first company is a decent price.

If you know of any cable companies who create custom cables, please advise.

Many thanks.

< ---------------------- >

For "white board" design pictures, surf: http://community.webshots.com/album/130235272LSwceF

Doing the customization welding was the easy part. Finding a cable customization company is the hard part. Very strange...

< ---------------------- >
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: Pred-90 - Foot Brake Customization...

Update:

On the customized foot brake for our '03 Pred-90, its completion timelines have been very discouraging. Down right frustrating!!! Between sick family members, forced vacations, companies on limited staff during Easter, time delays in obtain a thicker / shorter cable, broken axle on our trailer, etc, etc. I've been trying to get our foot brake completed for over 5 weeks. I talked to my local welder guy today and he still doesn't have it completed. He told me another week. GGRRRR!!! During a "high priority" conversation with my local welder guy this afternoon, he told me to pull my son's quad out of his shop. Basically, he told me to take it to another welder guy in our area to complete it. If wondering, he's 3/4 done but doesn't have the immediate time to complete it. Neither do the 12 other welding shops in my area. Very frustrating for sure!!!

To allow you to contact your own local welder guy with something to start with, you can access my online "white board" diagrams. I was hoping to provide real world completed pictures and updated "white board" diagrams by this Saturday. If I pull my son's unit from our local welding shop tomorrow, then I can provide everyone with 3/4 completed pictures. Then, I have to wait at the back of his long line up again. Only time will tell....

Here's the details:
- We purchased a front brake cable from a 1985 Honda ATC-200E for $19.95. This cable is thicker then its current hand brake cable, has the correct adjustment end and its outer case is 34" long. We have our Oil Injection system removed, which will allow this cable to have a nice round loop into its foot brake arm. If you have the factory Oil Injection system installed on your Pred-90, you may need a longer cable or find a better way to create its loop. Or, you may want to remove your oil injection system.
- For my "white board" pictures, surf:
http://community.webshots.com/album/130235272LSwceF
* Within this album, you can click on each Thumbnail picture, then select "View Normal" to read the text on each page. You can also select "Slide show" as well.

To me, ALL minis should come with both foot and hand brake control systems. My AC 500i has both, the Kasea unit has both (so I'm told) and so does the 1985 Honda ATC-200e unit. What ever the rider is more comfortable with, they either use its foot brake or its hand brake. Sure wish CPSC and other ATV Safety Committees see the safety increase with dual brake systems.

Hope my provided info helps you and your kids....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode