Kasea, Arctic cat, Polaris or Kymco? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
hagsjeep

Kasea, Arctic cat, Polaris or Kymco?

I have it narrowed to one of these four 50cc quads. I just learned that the local tracks are going to allow 50 and 90 cc stock classes. For some reason they have not had much success in NY. I really like the Polaris Predator 50, but am considering the Kasea 50, because my son is growing so fast and the Polaris is the smallest in size. I do not want a 90, so please don;t suggest. I see bluetrick gets 27 mph out of the Arctic Cat 50, they are just a little too big. Anybody have any info on the Kymco Mongoose 50?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 10:53 PM

Re: Kasea, Arctic cat, Polaris or Kymco?

As a suggestion, visit a few local tracks in your region and if possible, wiggle your way into the Pit area. If the riders and/or mechanics aren't in a rush, chat with them. People being people, some won't give you the time of day, and others will share their knowledge with you. If they are "chatty", ask them about the Kasea, Polaris and other brands. From their racing perspective, they should be able to give you lots of pros / cons from their unique racing perspective.

From a brand perspective, many like the Kasea and Polaris brands. If Kasea was available in my area, I'd have a serious look at their 50 brand. The Polaris Pred-50 is also great but a few have stated their factory A-Arms look a little weak. If you'll be racing, I would assume you'll be replacing the factory A-Arms with wider ones. The Kasea has a foot brake and the Pred-50 has brake levers. For recreational riding, the Kasea 50 & Pred-90 are great brands. For racing and greater need within "ease of control and ease of performance upgrades" for your type of track conditions, these brands could be on opposite ends of the scale. Again, it's best to dive into the pitt area and gather the "real details" for other experienced racers.

Hope this helps...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 11:36 PM
muddynuggetz

hello fellow offroaders, just checked out the kymco mongoose 50cc atv today! This miniquad looks awesome! here are some specs........

2 stroke.....
air cooled...
electric with a kickstart...
fully automatic....
drum brakes.......f/b
front and rear suspension...
L/W/H.........54"/35"/36"

this quad has the same frame as the mongoose 90cc...
the 90 had more torque but.....its max speed wasn't much faster then the 50cc...which was approximately 30mph!
The 50cc sat just a little lower then the 90 due to having smaller tires than the 90cc.
It also has a speed governor...

My seven year old is a smaller seven year old and he had no problems reaching throttle and brake!

I found this one priced at $1495.00....would have bought it today for my boy except i was $5.00 short! lol

j/k...but i am saving and this will probably be the one i purchase!

hope this helps!

muddynuggetz

Polaris sportsman 4x4...mine
manco two seater go-kart...for the boys
2004 arctic cat 500....grandpas

when you come to a fork in the road......unload your quad and ride down the middle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
witcheseye

I know you do not want the 90cc but there is a mini 90cc that is the same size as the 50cc. We started my son on the mini 90cc and just did mods to it as he changed in his riding. We started him when he was 4 years old on the 90cc. He just turned 7 and races his bike. He is second over all (20) We go to the dunes once a month and there is not a dune out there that he will not climb. We but new scocks on, extended the swing arm, fabed new a arm,..... it is awesome. I can send you some pictures if you would like! My Daughter riders the same size bike. She is 6 next month. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode