wheel spacers *DELETED* - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 05:35 PM
bluetickracing

wheel spacers *DELETED*

Post deleted by bluetickracing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 08:11 PM

Re: wheel spacers

During the last year, I've been reading info from 6-8 boards on a daily basis. The consistant message within many of these board is...

Try to use +inch A-Arms instead of using +inch wheel spacers. I'm sure going 1" wider spacers is ok for flat to minor bumps riding but when you get into the 2+ (or more) spacers, the front wheels become too unstable. The steering is ok on flat ground but when one wheel hits a big bump, it pulls the steering wheel too fast. By using longer A-Arms (instead of spacers), it ensures the swivel point of the front hubs are close as possible to the center of the tire. Hence, NO major jerking when one wheel dips into a big hole.

If you plan on making your own 1" wider spacers for flat track or minor bump racing, give your idea a try. Sounds like you have a very inexpensive way to make the +1 spacers. If your little driver complains the steering is too hard to handle, immediately replace with the wider A-Arm solution.

Note: If your racing sponsor is giving you a major financial discount for all racing parts, then immediatly go with the wider A-Arms (especially in the 2" & 3" A-Arm race type tracks). Wider A-Arms on corners with deep bumps are well worth it.

Hope this helps...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 08:33 PM
bluetickracing

Spike once again thanks for the advice! I'll talk to Ben tomorrow. The A-arms would be a better Idea. We run on really rough and very rocky country.It was just a thought but not a good one. That's why I ask these questions here. I know you folks know your stuff. <ul type="square">[*]04 Arctic Cat 50 -Michaels[/list]<ul type="square">[*]01 Husqvarna Cr 50 Jr-Michaels[/list]<ul type="square"> 01 Polini x-3 works-Michaels[/list]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 09:57 PM

To reduce the accidents for a young driver, I don't mind helping others... Especially when it increases a kid's safety.

Talk about wider A-Arms, here's something else to keep in mind.... If you keep "beefing up" your AC 50's engine, use tires that really dig in and drive on solid ground, then you may have to increase your unit's Swing Arm as well. If your young driver can "gun it" and its front end always comes off the ground (which means NO steering control), then you have also need to upgrade with a +2 or +3 Swing Arms as well. Don't immediately install a +3 Swing Arm because too much tail means the tires spin too much. Hence a much higher risk of "fish tailing" out of control. Upgrading to a +1", +2" or +3" Swing arm takes trail &amp; error to find the proper balance for your AC 50 unit.

Note: Before you install wider A-Arms or a Swing Arm, check with your racing track officials. Some tracks have very strick rules and on what can and cannot be upgraded.

Hope this helps as well...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 09:39 PM
hagsjeep

Re: wheel spacers *DELETED*

Bluetrick, I sent you a private message the other day. I was looking for some info on the AC 50. I have and AC sled and my son's favorite color is AC green. We are going to try to get into racing this year, they are finally offering it locally. My son has numerous hours on his Suzuki quadmaster 50 and I am ready to upgrade to something with some low end power. I don't have any sponsors nor do I think I can get any in this depressed town. Could you e-mail me at [email protected] so I can get some info on minor mods to increase performance. I am not decided between the AC 50, Kasea or Polaris.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode