What age to start racing - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What age to start racing

I have a 5 year old son, to be 6 in April. He has had a Polaris 50 Scrambler since his 5th birthday. At what age do they allow kids to start running on the tracks, either practicing or actual racing? I think he would love to race someday and seems pretty good at handling the atv so far. We live in Maryland, but very close to PA and DE lines. If anyone knows the age or rules, please let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 05:53 PM
bluetickracing

Re: What age to start racing

My son started racing Quads at 5 yr old. They races a 4-6 yr old age group. He raced the 50 cc open class. He raced in a east coast offroad racing series. He had 15 1st place finishes and 3 2nd place finishes. I didn't know it but I had a natural. This year he will be racing 4-6 50 cc open and will race the 80 cc open class 7-9 age group on a 80 cc quad. Plus I bought him 2 racing bikes. He will also race 2 groups on them. 4-6 50 cc open and 7-8 50 cc open. He will be a sponsor rider.

2001 Husquvarna cr 50 Jr -- 2001 Polini x-3 Works-- 2004 Artic Cat 50 cc Quad--- 2003 Suzuki Lt-80 " Back off a second and that't where you'll be" . " Don't ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode