This forum is dead - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Scramblur50

This forum is dead

and ya know why?

That stupid, annoying Nissan Titan ad.

get rid of it... when you do, you'll see these forums with traffic again!

Bryce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 06:37 AM
tony1034

Re: This forum is dead

I completely agree Bryce! The annoying pop-ups are a pain in the butt and I hate them. But this Nissan one is the worst of them all. It "sneaks" up on you. Every time I try to login, I think I'm typing away my ID and Password, but nope, the stupid Nissan thing gets ya. ..... LOL

I'm here for the giving advice, getting advice, reading interesting "ATV" stuff and stories, making friends.

We're not here for advertisements!

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 04:34 PM

How do you guys think we keep this up?All the money comes out of pocket? No Way!!
Those ads are essential for this site. Otherwise, its bye bye Off-Road.Com!

Sorry if i sound mean. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 04:59 PM

well have it pop-up, not block the whole damn screen [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Scramblur50

no kidding.. there a fine line between attractive advertising and an annoying people... I lump this one right up there with telemaketers.. maybe we should start a no-popup list [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Not very effective advertising if it runs off potential buyers and keeps people from coming back to your site. Pope up blocker software won't even kill that lame ad.

This is not like a banner or even a pop up.. it actually stops you from using the forum until it releases control back to you.

If this is the attitude of this site.. then adios.. I'll go to the other 3 ATV sites that I frequent (with have a lot more traffic, BTW) and not return...

Last person out, please turn off the lights.

Bryce
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Three words...

"Norton Internet Security" [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I say, "What Nissan Titan ad?" I don't get pop-ups, or many banner ads for that matter. I use the BBS (primarily Suzuki 4x4) without any issues.

Using the internet without having quality internet security software is downright foolish in this age. This isn't the internet of '88, so get with the program. [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] If you see the ad and don't want to, then spend the dough to filter it out. Otherwise...

kwityerbitchin'! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:24 PM
tony1034

Hey Tim,

What's up dude! Havn't seen ya around in a while. How's the Kasea?

Spend money on software ???? HAHAHA ... I don't think I've ever bought software [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'm in the IT field, we just burn copies.

Tony P.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Tony.

Life is good. Kasea still running great. Went to the quad race. Dillon hadn't worn his boots or race pant in a few months. Long story short, he was dressed in shorts and sandles when we arrived, and I couldn't get him to fit into the boots or pants! He was bummed, but enjoyed the race just the same.

I see new gear for Xmas.

Anyone interested in a Ocelot boot/pant/shirt/glove combo, barely used? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 07:02 AM
tony1034

Hey YoungGun,

Sorry man. I know this site costs money to run. I just got excited when I saw someone else post about that annoying Nissan ad. I hate it. I don't really mind the advertisements and regular pop-ups (I just close them). Its just that this one has a delay and then sneaks in. Its like a dark looming cloud blocking the sun, when I'm trying to get a tan .... LOL [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tony P.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 07:11 AM
tony1034

Tim,

That sucks. These dang kids grow too fast. I just went out and bought clothes for all three of my kids and it cost me like over $1,000.00 [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] By next summer, they'll be needing more clothes [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] . ..... LOL But I love them and they're great!

Micheal has just about out-grown his mini 50. Its still the perfect size for him. Today is his B-day and he is turning 6. But, the mini just doesn't have enough size and suspension for going off-road with dad on the 400ex in the pitts. The mini is fast on trails, fields, the yard or going up and down smooth hills. But get into a few jumps or whoops and it's hang on to your hat. I was thinking of buying him a Kasea 90. My buddy has one with extra parts, Trinity racing pipe, Uni filter, Delta racing clutch and a bunch of extra gears to change depending on riding environment. He is bulding a CR80 shifter bike for his daughter who is 10 and races a highly modded other Kasea 90. He offered to sell me his backup Kasea 90 with the stuff above for a really great deal. We went up to visit him and my son actually rode the 90 and like it. Did pretty good on it. Its really quick with the Pipe and clutch. Did about 45mph with my 170lbs on it, so I'd have to gear it all the way down and limit the throttle a tad. Hard part is getting buy-in from my better half .... HAHAHA [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode