LT 50 Stalls - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

LT 50 Stalls

My son has an 84 LT 50. The problem I am haveing is when he rides on the sand or somewhere that he can run wide open for a minute or two the bike dies. It usually starts right back up and will run for another couple of minutes and then die again.

It seems to me like it is not getting enough gas, so I have tried to ajust the float but I have not had a lot of luck. It also has no restrictors - carb or intake or exhaust, oil injection removed (pre-mix).

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 11:56 PM
MattFisher

Re: LT 50 Stalls

It does sound like you're running out of fuel. Did raising the float level help at all?

Pull the fuel petcock out of the tank, take it apart if possible and clean. Check fuel line for obstructions. Check float valve, and vent tubes for possible issues.

[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Matt,

Thanks for the response. I think that I might just need to play with the float a little more. I could't seem to find the right spot that wouldn't overflow or on the other hand die at half throttle. I did replace the fuel line and inline filter already. Will keep tinkering.

Thanks, [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
tony1034

Vtwin,

You might want to post this on the atvsource kids forum. Thats where all the experts and racers hang out.

Good luck,
Tony P.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 01:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My daughters 02 lt50 did the same thing after I removed the restricter from the intake. After a couple of months of tinkering I posted this same question on paatving.com and found out that under the main jet it had the proper size jet allready installed for the mods I had done. So I left the small one out and that fixed the problem. I dont know if the 84 model carbs are the same but you might want to look into it. It may be as simple as installing a larger jet if your carb is not the same as mine. good luck. ES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode