2004 Raptor 50 Top Speed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Raptor50

2004 Raptor 50 Top Speed

I just purchased a Raptor 50. I checked the Top speed with the Throttle screw open all the way, and the baffle out of the muffler. This thing will only go 11mph and that is hard on the rev limiter. Can this possibly be right. This has got to be the slowest on earth. Does anyone know anything that can be done with these things. I am extremely dissapointed with my purchase. My son outgrew its performance in 1 day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 03:09 PM
atvracing

Re: 2004 Raptor 50 Top Speed

My daughter races the Polaris which has been highly modified. It runs around 50mph on top end. These bikes are designes to run slow due to safety reasons. If you really want the thing to run feel free to contact me and I will tell you what I know. My Daughter won the Nationals at age 6 in the AMA 6-11 class.
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 04:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My grandsons eton 50 would not run very fast, On the back of the cdi box was a green wire coming out then giong back into the box. Clipped this wire and the eton ran twice as fast this must be an electric governor. Put a toggle switch in the wire and can now turn the governor on or off. worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had the same problem a 5yr olds first atv and in 2 days
bouncing off the rev limitter all day.I checked 2 dealers
and no way of by-passing yet.I traded it in and smuggled
home the raptor 80.WOW it is great.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 11:53 PM

Try the Yamoto 70cc, it goes about 35mph stock with my fat but on it.
I liked them so much, I became a dealer. I sell them for $1499 brand new, and they come with a REMOTE CONTROL KILL SWITCH and throttle limit screw.
Here is a picture of the 2005 Black/Red Model 70cc
<html>

or how about Blue

Check out other pictures at
<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/jrfrieshandyservices/ATVs">My ATV Photo Album<a/>
or Order one <a href="http://superdeal.surplusalert.com/specials.php">HERE<a/>
Ride Safely!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 AM

The new 2005 Yamoto 70cc are even better than last years.
Here is a Picture, they now have Double A-arm Front Suspension and heavier shocks for a better ride and better turning radius.
&lt;a href="http://www.yamoto-motor.com/showroom_motor_show.asp?id=44&amp;picid=356"&gt;Yamoto 70cc (Yellow)Click this picture for the spec sheet and photo gallery.&lt;/a&gt; They now have a gear shifter that shifts from neutral to drive, too.
Enjoy! And Ride Safe!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Raptor50

I finally purchased a 2005 Yamoto ATV 70. This thing kicks the crap out of the 04 Raptor 50 that I purchased when they first came out. I have the new version Yamoto with the softer/wider dual a-arm front suspension. I paid $1350 for it out the door (fully assembled with the initial zmax treatment), and so far I am extremely happy with it. I took some side by side pictures of it compared to the raptor. See what you think. Follow this link for the pictures.

http://www.msnusers.com/theguessfamily/yamoto70atv.msnw
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 11:42 PM

Since I posted last time, I too, was able to lower my sale price on the Yamoto 70cc ATV to $1299 fully assembled and the z-max engine protectant. And I just got in the New 2005 Yamoto 50cc. I think it is just as fast as the 70cc, only smaller and comes with an Alarm System/Remote Control Kill Switch, Double A-arm Front suspension and a lanyard kill switch, too. I was really impressed. I was clocked doing 32MPH on it and I weigh 210lbs. Man even this Yamoto can chew up and spit out the Yamaha Raptor 50. And you can't beat the $1094 sale price. All the new 2005 Yamoto ATVs Qualify for the Industry First 5 Year Engine Guarantee.
Here is a picture of a Green one.

Find out more Click here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode