kasea 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 11:24 PM
pokie

kasea 90

First off, finally got rid of the LT 50 and bought the Kasea 90, what a difference ! My son loves it but I got a few questions that maybe you guys can help me with. It seems to run great even with the carb restrictor still in but it seems to smoke alot, I know it has to go through a break in period but the smoke seems a little excessive. My other question is about the headlight. I bought the headlight from the dealer when I bought the bike, he said it was easy to install with one screw. Well in reading some other posts on another site I pretty much figured out that I also needed an additional bracket to install the light properly,but thats not the extent of my problem. When I went to remove the black plastic bezel from the bike I noticed that 3 of the 4 mounting screws that hold it in place were broke. They all look like they were over tightened till what they were being screwed into just broke off. Onother place I noticed this was under the seat where your front plastic is bolted to the frame of the bike with two bolts, one is so tight that the plastic squeezed out from the head of the bolt and then cracked. I picked the bike up Sat. late so by the time I noticed all this the dealer was closed and he's closed on Mondays also so I cant speak with him till Tuesday. Sorry to be so long winded about this , I was just wanting to know if anybody else had any plastic problems. I got a feeling the guys gonna say I broke it when trying to put the headlight in. Even with all this said it seems to a heck of a bike, my sons loving life. Thanks in advance guys and gals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 10:57 AM
tony1034

Re: kasea 90

Not sure how good your dealer is, but he should take care of it for you. After all it does have a warranty. Some dealers add oil to the first tank of gas for it to break in. Its not necessary, but some just do it. Make sure they filled the oil tank with good synthetic two-stroke injector oil only. Don't use pre-mix oil. You can go to Walmart and pick up some extra plugs. Get the NGK B7HS plugs (stocker is BPR7HS, but you don't need the "r" resistor or "p" protruding tip. Keep an eye on the air cleaner and make sure its clean and oiled (but not over-oiled).

Good luck,
Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 12:44 PM
nevadaoutlaw

I only notice a lot of smoke from my son's new quad once. After an evening of letting him ride the quad with the bike totally restricted, the next day I tried to start it and it wouldn't start. I took the plug out and it was kinda wet and totally black. A friend of mine said you need to rev two strokes up now and then to burn off excess oil that may collect. I am not sure how accurate that is...maybe someone else can explain if this is true or folly. SO...I put in a new plug and I ran the 90 around a bit to rev it up a little and it did smoke a bunch. I just thought it maybe be burning off excess oil...but like I said I am not an expert. When my son rides it, when the throttle restricted, I see no visible smoke. Also, when I bought the bike the dealer did fill it up with oil.

You can buy spark plugs at Walmart? [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] Man...I wonder if the one in the San Fernando Valley sells them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 06:58 PM
pokie

Thanks for the response guys, I did ask the dealer if he had added any oil to the gas in the tank and he said no. I'll keep an eye on the plug and pick up a couple more just in case. As for the plastic I'm gonna call him right now and see what he says about it. Thanks.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 09:03 PM
pokie

Just to let you all know, the dealer is making good on all the broken plastic. He said he should have it in a few days if all goes well.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Kudos for the dealer being stand up.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your one friend is correct, a 2 stroke need to be opened up now and then however this is not your problem. Your Dealer did not set up the quad and jet it for your altitude with the restrictors. You are simply running fat. This means you are heavey on the oil mixture. If you want the restrictors left in place you will need to adjust the needle in the carb.

Curent factory postition is in the middle of 5 settings, you will need to raise your clip on the needle which lowers the needle which leans out the mix. Also I would find out just what oil the dealer used. Some dealers that do not know any better will use the absolute cheapest injector oil on the market!!!

Use NKG B-8HS plugs the stock plugs are trash. Hope this helps.

Greg Peak

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 08:31 PM
nevadaoutlaw

Thanks Peakracing...that is very helpful.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 01:05 PM
nevadaoutlaw

I did notice some smoke out of my son's Kasea 90 yesterday, but it came and went...it ran fine though.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 01:05 PM
nevadaoutlaw

I did notice some smoke out of my son's Kasea 90 yesterday, but it came and went...it ran fine though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode