kolt 50 stalling at WOT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

kolt 50 stalling at WOT

my son was riding today for about three hours when his kolt 50 sputtered and died. The quad will start and idle without any problem but as soon as the throttle is applied, even just a little the quad will stall. This happened while he was riding , we had no other problems all day. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 12:53 AM
tony1034

Re: kolt 50 stalling at WOT

Sounds like dirt in the carb. Did he ride it in any water?

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 10:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

no, he was'nt in any water, I pulled the airbox off and checked to see if the filter was clogged,it was'nt, it still does it with the airbox off. I've never had anything that was a 2-stroke before ,so I 'm kind of new to it . I also pulled the plug and cleaned it up some but that did'nt help either, could a fouled plug cause this or wouldnt it even start if the plug was fouled? I also checked all the obvious things that we sometimes overlook like fuel, fuel on/off valve and oil. Still baffled , please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:11 AM
rodd1

i had the same problem with my sons scrambler 50 just clean the tank and put new gas and have not had the problem
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 02:16 PM
tony1034

I'm not suer if your little kolt has a fuel filter or not, probably doesn't. I'd start with removing the carb and cleaning it. just the smallest piece of dirt can be getting sucked up into the jets.

Tony P.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, i pulled the carb off , took it apart and checked everything out, couldnt find anything wrong, but when I put it back on it fired right up and is running fine now. Thanks for your help guys, from me and especially from my son. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode