Kasea 90 - Adjusting Break Levers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 08:48 PM
nevadaoutlaw

Kasea 90 - Adjusting Break Levers

Back already. Okay...I want to bring the front brake levers in closer so my boy can grab them easier with his little fingers. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea 90 - Adjusting Break Levers

First things first. Lets get him used to using the rear foot brake. All of the guys at the track remove the rear "hand" brake so we can prep them to think of the way their adult quad will be.(future clutch hand) As far as bringing the lever closer to the bar, I do not believe you can adjust the Kasea. What you can do is what I did and that is loosen them up as much as you can but still leaving them effective. The quickest adjustment for the front is the t-turn serews at the bottom of the break drum caliper. A quick few turns and the levers get a lot softer for the kids. The last resort is to put a piece of pipe over the end and bending the lever back- not recommended, you might break the lever...but i have done it before. Remember stoping power for you is much more then a little twerp so the brakes do not need to be too tight. Also remember that you need to activate the brake lock to push in the pin that allows the quad to start. Unfortunatualy the Kasea uses the 2 front brake cable/throttle/start safety switch combo unit so replacements are not really an option.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You might also try smaller grips(thinner) this will make the reach to the leaver a little shorter and it also makes it easier for the kids with small hands to hold on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:35 PM
nevadaoutlaw

I think my son may prefer the rear foot brake because he is already used to his bicycle. On his bicycle he needs to peddle in reverse to use the back brake. Brings back memories doesn't it. He has hand brakes on his bicycle but he cannot reach those either. I will try loosening the front hand brake so he can bring the lever in easier and see how he uses the rear foot brake, but I think the rear foot brake is going to be his ticket to bring the beast to a controlled stop.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kasea break cables are seperate as well as the throttle cable and or any other thing asosiated so I have no idea what you just discribed.

You can heat the handles and bend them however very carfully. However, Kasea is one of the only youth quads on the market with a rear foot break and that is what they should be using in all cases as well as to prepair for the big quads.

A kids brain tell them to hit the foot break in a emergency situation far faster then it tells them to pull in which hand brake.

Most all cases the childs hand freeze on the grips
in an emergency and with out the foot break will crash
into anything in front of them.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 08:20 PM
nevadaoutlaw

Again, my son is 5.5 years and he rides a Kasea 90. Now my son has been out about 4 times riding. Right now he is just doing small ovals and he was able to weave back and fourth through cones. The throttle is limited to were the quad will go only as fast as I can run, which isn't very fast. He has pickup on using the rear break quickly. He doesn't even use the hand brake. He actually layed down a 5 foot skid mark putting on the back brake. He had all is weight on the foot brake and it stopped quickly. We are taking it very slowly and he is catching on quick.

The only issues right now is the thumb throttle. I noticed he will use the ball of his thumb(closer to the palm of hand or inside base of thumb) to push on the throttle. I think it is just too stiff for his little thumb mussles. I do not want to go through the hassle of disconnecting the oil injection and start mixing gas and oil, but if it has to be done I will do it. I saw a universal extender that looked like it would give him more leverage on the thumb throttle. Does anyone have any experience with those? Can I lube the cables to make them less resistant?

Also, the helmet makes his head itch...so I shaved him bald. Mom got upset but you know...what is more important...good looks or a comfortable coco. I'm just joking... I didn't shave his head, but any suggestions on keeping his head from itching less would be helpful.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Uhh, shave his head? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode