advice on 50cc - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

advice on 50cc

Still looking for an atv. Would like floorboards and a foot brake. Do any come with both? Kasea dealer is 3 hours away so I looked at a yamaha raptor 50 and a polaris 80. Dealer said the usually stuff about age limits but with a restrictor does is really matter if bikes are the same size? (Funny though, a 16 year kid was trying to buy an r6 crotch rocket). Anyways I read here that the raptor suspension sucks but would aftermarket parts help to make it safer? And for screwing around in the dirt is there much diff between 2 and 4 stroke? Price doesn't matter since they all seem to hold there value and for the amount of times that we would use it safety and quality are the big concerns. thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 11:45 AM
tony1034

Re: advice on 50cc

If you're looking for a full-size youth 50cc ATV, I'd look at the Kasea or the DRR. Best bang for your buck. If safety is of concern, stay away from the Yamahas.

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 10:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a bombardier DS50 with a bigbore 70cc kit( this thing is a rocket ship!) It does contain an after market carb and pipe and some clutch work and sports FCR suspension. It was so slow stock that when I test rode it for my son I had to push to get it going.
Although I have no complaints about the DS( other than the price I payed for it) I would recommend other ATV's including the Kasea and the LEM Cyamn( if you can find one). Most Taiwan made atv's are basically the same with most hop up parts fittign all of them except suzuki, kawasuaki yamaha and LEM. Bombardier, Eton, extreme, alpha sports and t rex all pretty much are interchangelsbale with little or no fitting.
I hope this helps! Good luck in your pursuit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 09:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The raptor 80 has the absolute worst 12 year old technoligy
for front suspention than any other youth quad on the market,they are pure junk and totally unsafe for kids.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 01:59 AM
ice

I had a Badger when I was 9, and it was damn fun, but now I don't like it anymore, my brother now rides it. He's 8 and that quad is a little to much for him. My brother had a LT-50 for 5 years, and had some accidents.
But the Badger is not a bad atv.

It has enough power to wheelie. Just the suspension sucks real hard.

I recommend you to buy a Breeze and limit it.
Even my brother can ride a Breeze with ease.

But i'm gettin new atv soon, a real atv.
Like Cannondale Speed 440 or KFX700 or maybe DS650.

It's just the price here in Europe that stops us from buying it. But we can legally ride atv's on the road.

But maybe i'm buying a nice one on Ebay.com.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 10:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Avoid the LT 50 or KFX they are narrow and flip too easily. Not to mention that my son was ready for more at age 5. The polaris is ok and the kasea is much wider for more stability. As a physician I can tell you most accidents with injury are of the roll-over type.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
MartinD

where can you get the 70cc kit for the ds50?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM

Dont buy a raptor 50,what a piece of CRAP.Won't run over 14 MPH with aftermarket pipe and RPM box,front beam supension.By the way anyone looking to buy one
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 03:15 PM

I have a 1997 lem 50 I'm trying to get rid of for 360$. 2 stroke kick start FAST but you can do the limiter, cvt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode