Help me make my Kasea 90 got fast, quickly! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Help me make my Kasea 90 got fast, quickly!

Okay, no time to go out and buy stuff, as my boy will be going to Saratoga Springs for his first ATV drag this Sunday.

I haven't molested the quad yet. Still stock form. What restictors can I remove and where? I want to bump it up as much as possible so he has somewhat of a chance to keep up with the pack.

I know the carb has a brass slide thingy somewhere, just take it off?

What about the pipes and such, are there restictors? And is there a Uni filter that fits into the stock cleaner? He trail rides a lot in mud and water and don't want to elimiate the stock box. Can I remove the cover just for the race?

Looking for help!

I'm excited as much as he is. Can't wait to take pics. Everyone gets a trophy to take home, so I know he'll be ear to ear smiles. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 12:43 PM
tony1034

Re: Help me make my Kasea 90 got fast, quickly!

Hey Tim,

Long time. Just remove the carb restrictor on the carb and it will probably go from about 28mph stock to low-mid 30's. But the power will be there more. Some people remove the snorkel on the airbox. This will lean it out a bit, so you'll probably want a bigger main jet. I've heard that the snorkel almost is up against the tank and could block air-flow and should be cut at a slight angle on the top to help it breathe.

I went to Southwick, Mass to meet a friend I met on the atv source forum. We stayed overnight and went to the races. His daughter has a fully-modded 90 and it was unbelievable these 90cc bikes could be that fast. Her back-up bike only had a few mods on it and was really quick with me on it. It had the Trinity pipe, air cleaner, jetting, clutch and smaller rear 29T sprocket. Would take off nearly as hard as my 400ex and would go a good 45+ mph. You could also remove the oil injection and switch to pre-mix. It will give it a little boost in power and run much cleaner. The smaller rear sprocket would probably be the ticket to get more top-end out of it. But a pipe and clutch work would send it to a whole new level. My son rode the backup 90 that I rode. He's only 5-1/2 and loved it. Now he wants the bigger bike and says he'll give his mini to his little sister ....LOL

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 05:58 PM

Yankee Tim, I have a Trinity racing pipe on my Daughters Kasea and I cant tell you how much difference it makes!!!We have a uni filter and I know you dont want to go that route (we ride sand so it works for us and she will flattrack hopefully soon) Jetting was a nightmare at first but Hetricks Racing helped us out a ton and noew her quad pushes around 40-45mph with a few minor adj. Tony has good advice and pretty much summed it up for me......Tina....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

To answer your second question. Yes there is a aftermarket filter available for your stock air box. www.WRHRACING.COM has them in stock. You can also go down to your local Yamaha shop and get a filter for a Yamaha Jog that flows better than the stock one. With either filter you may have to rejet depending on your conditions.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:11 PM
roman4112003

hey, if your still around I am putting a Trinity pipe with uni filter on my sons Kasea 90 soon.. what jetting did you end up with and what elevation are you at, we are at 4500ft. any input would be helpful. Also where did your order jets from?

Thanks
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:35 PM
fordbogger

if you need help go to www.dunereview.com/forums

they are atv experts
i love that forum [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode