proformance mods for alpha sports kolt50 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

proformance mods for alpha sports kolt50

Just bought my son a 2003 Alpha Sports Kolt 50 (not mini kolt), It runs good but I can see that its not going to have enoungh power for long, I've heard that you can bypass the cdi's rev limiter, but i'm not sure how to do that. I think ive found it ( a small sealed black box about 1"x3"with 4 wires comming out) but I'm not sure, It seems like the motor has alot more power than the limiter will let use.The quad does well on a flat surface but when it hits a sizeable hill it just loses it.What are some god aftermarket upgrades to look into,ie: pipes, sprokets etc.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Scramblur50

Re: proformance mods for alpha sports kolt50

First make sure that there are no restrictors in the exhaust... one in the head pipe and one on the silencer.

On your CDI, there may be a wire that loops back into the CDI box... if it has that, it can be cut to open it up some. If it has a piece of metal with 2 screws on the CDI, remove the screws, remove the metal and then put the screws back it.. this does the same thing aa teh cut wire. If it has neither... then you are in the situation that we are... the stcok CDI rev limiter would not let it wind out... an aftermarket CDI will open it up.. in our case, 4-5 mph more.

We have also put a larger front sprocket (18T to a 19T) in front and a smaller rear (35T to 27T) to get about 20% more speed, but at a loss of power.

A pipe and open element air filter would be next.. that's our next move along with some mods to the transmission.

Bryce
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 08:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks, we already removed the restrictor on the exhaust, and the throttle limiting screw, but I didnt know about the head pipe.Where's a good place to find accessories for my sons Kolt,especially te aftermarket cdi, none of the places I use for my quad seem to carry anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

www.WRHRACING.COM

You will be able to find any performance part you will need for your Alpha Sport. Some of the parts are not all listed on the web site so you can call (251)675-9906. Any part that will fit a Polaris will fit your Alpha Sport.

Bryce,
Try using a transmission out of a 90 in your 50 for more top speed.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 05:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow , what a difference with that last restrictor in the head pipe out, thanks for all of your help.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My son has a 2001 Alpha Sport, do you have any trouble getting help for them when you need it? None of the dealers around here have ever heard of them.
THis is just a funny story...
His grandparents went to the Polaris dealer around where we live and he told them what kind of Bike it was and how old and all the details and stuff, and the guy offered him a $50 trade in. My jaw hit the floor when they told me that.
We are trying to get more speed out of his bike as well. He races it and needs the speed but I dont have the money for a 90 yet, plus he is not responsible enough for a bigger quad yet.

Thanks for the posts above I will try that.
~Heather [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font color> <font color="black"> </font color>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Scramblur50

keep an eye on this article's series... http://www.off-road.com/atv/kidskorner/youthupgrade.htm

they are going to be doing 50cc build ups. Should be interesting.

Bryce
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Alpha Sport is built by AEON which is the same manufactor that builds the Polaris and Xtreme youth quads. The only difference in the Alpha Sport and a Polaris is the Plastic, metal floor boards, and an extra motor mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode