2004 Yamaha Raptor 50 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2004 Yamaha Raptor 50

Does anyone know how well this new quad holds up to the rest of the competition. My 6 year old rides a Kasea Skyhawk Mini 50 right know, but living in California you can only ride 2 strokes so many months of the year. So I'm looking for a good 4 stroke that he can feel comfortable riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 10:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2004 Yamaha Raptor 50

Try an Xtreme mini 50. They are the same size as your Kasea Mini 50 and its 4 stroke.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Mopar

We have a one year old Dinli Dino 50. 2 stroke, and it's registration came as green tag, not red, so it can be riden year round in the dunes. Ask the dealer to verify what tag it will receive. They can tell by the VIN # of the bike. It has to do with a 'code' letter in a certain position in the VIN #. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 02:18 AM
Raptor50

I just bought my 5 year old a Raptor 50. We are real happy with it so far. I have heard bad things about the suspension, but I have not found any problems with it. It seems to be just as safe as anything. However, I am comparing it to my 1980 Honda ATC 70 that my father bought for me brand new. No suspension at all. The bottom end power is great for a 50cc quad. Seems like it hits the rev limiter too soon on the top end though.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 11:00 AM
tony1034

I've read quite a few posts where the bigger 90cc Kaseas have gotten green stickers too in CA. I'd check into it first.

Tony p.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 12:30 PM
nevadaoutlaw

I just bought a Kasea Skyhawk 90 out of Long Beach a couple weeks ago and the dealer said I WOULD be getting a green sticker. It is a two stroke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode