LTA 50 suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 01:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

LTA 50 suspension

First, lots of great information from all. Thanks. My boy has a new LTA 50. He is almost 4 and is about 35#. He reminds me of a boble head doll when we get in rough riding. Has anyone found a improved suspension set up for the 50 that will work for smaller riders?

thanks

lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: LTA 50 suspension

My son has the same problem but weight is the answer. These machines arent made for real 4 wheel action. They are made to ride in the back yard. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 11:28 AM
MattFisher

My son has gotten much better at standing up and letting the quad bounce around as it wants.

One thing that really did help in tight turns was grinding off the steering stops on the spindles. Look at where the spindle/a-arm contact each other. The spindle has a raised "pad'; grind it flat. Adding zerks to the spindle is needed, as Suzuki seems to have used almost no grease in there.

Now my critter can turn around on trails much better, and the additional steering lock comes in handy while doing doughnuts.

[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM
ice

not made for action, my litlle brother can proof that that is not tru, lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] you should have seen him doing a wheelie. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 06:23 AM
tony1034

Lance,

Contact Rich Hetrick at Hetrick Racing.
http://www.hetrickracing.com/

He races many youth quads including Suzuki LT's, Kaseas and $16,000 custom shifter bikes with CR80 like motors. He is very professional and a stand up guy. He should be able to steer you in the right direction with that LT50. Just keep in my mind the LT50 is a great starter quad. Make it safer and enjoy. If you can hop it up for very little money or no cost at all (like removing oil injection, air filter, etc...), great, otherwise save your money for hop-ups on your youngsters next bike (most likely a 90cc bike).

Good luck,
Tony P.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys, i think the right answer is to let him grow a little and move him up to a 90. this is the problem with starting them so young (3-4 years). it takes them so long to grow into a 90 but the skils are there. he can almost reach the pegs of our friends LT80, but it is a little much for him yet. thanks again. lance
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Scramblur50

this isn't a fix for the suspension, but may help with the bobble-headedness...

Our Daughter (5 1/2yo, 43lbs) had a problem with the weight of the helmet thrashing her around and making her neck get tired. We saw some of the people on the forums reccomending a racing neck collar... one design of these is nothing more than a football pad, flat neck roll. We got one of these at a local sporting goods shop for $10... it attaches to her chest protector. She tried it out this weekend, and I could tell her head was much more stable, and she commented that her neck wasn't so tired at the end of the day.

Bryce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode