Dumb assss dealer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Dumb assss dealer

I did like my dealer, as I was able to by a Skyhawk 90, with front light kit and rear rack, with tax, for $2K out the door.

But, it seems like he wasn't so familair with these quads. But I need to ask some Q's.

Anyone have a Skyhawk 50 or 90 and installed the lights? Did you have to hack out the light holes to accept the light? Or is there a bezel that goes around them? I can post a pick to show you what I mean if necessary.

Second, I finally got the rear tail light (5 mos later). Think he would order all the parts I would need? Hells no. Just the friggin light. He did hand me a piece of gas line telling me that maybe I can use that to make bushings.

Good news was I stopped at a auto part store. On the HELP! rack, they had a package of 3 wiper motor bushings for $2.29. Guess what? The fit in the mounting holes perfectly! And they are faster to get and cheaper than getting them from Kasea.

But one last problem. I just got the license plate for the quad (NYS requires it). But alas, no plate mount. Yeah, I could wait a year and spend a fortune (prolly) getting one from Kasea, but is there another easier/cheaper solution?

TIA,

p.s. - glad to be back on the board. Word to wise, if you install Norton internet Security, it doesn't play well with this BBS program (UBBThreads)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 06:53 AM
tony1034

Re: Dumb assss dealer

Tim,

Welcome back! See my post under "Is there any Dealers who can help me?". I have listed the best Youth ATV contacts out there. Give Greg Peak or Rich Hetrick a shout. I remember Raptor720 posting on here about how to install the light kit. But the posts only go back so far. From my memory, the light kit is easy to install and takes less than 20 minutes.

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Dumb assss dealer

Hey Tony.

Never install Norton Internet Security. Doesn't play well with the ORC BBS.

Well, I called Kasea. Obviously, it was the dealer, as Kasea said they dropped the dealership.

The dealer does have some Kaseas left that he is blowing out ($1500 for a 90, $2200 for a 250)

Found another dealer even closer, but is not on the Kaseas dealer list. Ordered the plate holder, and a service manual.

Seems the dealer I chose had no idea how it install the lights (they pop in) and has to hack the plastic apart instead.

I'm also going to order the front plastic from a 50, so it has the plate that says "no one under 6". Some ATV parks around here have rules about age appropriate rides.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode