Is there any Dealers who can help me? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 07:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is there any Dealers who can help me?

I can't seem to get any Dealer to return an Email or phone call. I'm looking to purchase 1, perhaps 2 quads for my boys (ages 6 & 9) I've emailed a couple of Dealers that I've found on the net, but I have still not heard back from them.(3 days ago) I guess that they don't want to make a sale. ??? (anythingatv.com)(drrinc.com) What gives? Does anybody believe in customer service anymore? anyhow, I'm pretty tired of running across Dealers that don't return emails, or phone calls. So if anybody knows of a Dealer who gives good customer service, ANY BRAND please let me know. The local dealers around me are just as bad this time of year since their sales are decent. I was asking one sales guy at a local Dealership about a youth quad, and he actually told me that I would be better off learning more about the machine on the internet since he was too busy with customers...and I was in the store with a pocket full of cash!!!

Any help that you can send my way would be appreciated. (Brand pros cons, Dealers(good ones) etc) Just like any Dad I want to make sure that I make a smart purchase.

Thanks,

Bill

In Michigan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 07:04 AM
tony1034

Re: Is there any Dealers who can help me?

Bill,

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. The wife took me out to dinner for my b-day. I'm an ordinary parent, but have been around this board for a good 8 months. I've gotten to know just about everyone in the youth ATV scene (racers and youth gurus). I used to drag race cars, build motors and had my own business specializing in sportbikes. There are several guys/companies out there specializing in youth ATVs that are EXTREMELY knowledgable and have great service. Personally, I have dealt mostly with Greg Peak, from Peak PowerSports and Raptor720 (hasn't been around the forums lately). Raptor720 is not a dealer though (perhaps soon), but he is probably the most knowledable youth guru out there. Greg Peak is an awesome, standup guy. He will always help anybody (regardles of which brand ATV they have). His parts and service are outstanding! He LOVES the sport and the kids, like they're all his own. He'll sell you a Kasea, ship it to ya and you'll have afriend for life. I have also heard such good comments about the others too. In no particular order ....

Peak PowerSports http://www.dirtrides.com
Specializing in Kaseas.

Hetrick Racing http://www.hetrickracing.com
Specializing in Kaseas, LT80 and custom shifters.

Trinity Racing http://www.trinityracing.com
Specializing in Kaseas and LT80s.

WRH_Racing http://www.wrhracing.com

Tomco Enterprises http://www.miniatvparts.com/
Dnili, DRR and Polaris.

Mini Quad Racing http://www.miniquadracing.com

All these companies have parts for these youth ATVs. Most parts on these two-strokes are interchangeable (engine and mods). They will all help you with ANY make/model. They all have kids and race HARD!

The places you've mentioned are all about SALES and pushing out ATVs. If I were you, I'd buy one from one of these guys that know them inside out. Race the heck out of them and just love the sport/kids. I can't tell you how much FREE advice and help I've gotten from these guys. Well worth it in my opinion, rather than saving 50 bucks going to Joe-Nobody.

Best regards, and Good Luck!
Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 07:27 AM
tony1034

Hey Bill, where in Michigan are you? My sister and bro-in-law live in the Grand Rapids area. They're coming out to NJ next week.

As for your question on which one to get, you have many options. I would say to stay away from shifter bikes. The Raptor 80 is garbage and the Honda is old, and has a rope pull. The only thing is that they are four-strokes. DRR has a 90cc four-stroke too, but I know nothing about it. I would stick to the two-stroke CVT bikes. Kids need to learn to ride before learning to shift. I personally think the most important feature is a foot brake. My mini only has a rear hand brake, but it is smaller than a battery-operated powerwheels and only does @20 mph. It is also lightweight (weighs only 110 lbs) and my son is just learning on it. I'll be stepping him up to a 90 this summer. You'll find two motors out there mostly. One is 82cc and the other 96cc. You can make either faster than you'd want it to be, so not a biggie to me. As for brakes, hydraulic disk brakes are nice, but the drum brakes on these bikes stop them just fine and may even last longer. Some of the guys above have 60mph Kasea that stop just fine with the rear drum brake. Its more important to have that foot brake option, than anything. Suspension is also very important. This is a good reason to stay away from the LT80 (or KFX - same bike). Look for a quality beefy frame and good construction. At this time, I think the Kasea SkyHawk 90 will give you the most bang for the buck. It has the most aftermarket support. If you like the looks and 96cc, then I'd look at the Dnili Diamondback, but the rear suspension is lagging. See TomCo to fix that. The DRR's sound nice, but they're too new to comment on. My neighbor has a DRR 50. Its stock and pretty quick. The tires suck on it though, but you'll probably want to upgrade the rubber, regardless of which bike. See WalMart for their Carlisle SnowHog tires. The LEM is plastic and has a history of falling apart. Not sure about the E-tons, but I just don't think they compare to the Kasea. Xtreme has a new bike, Pro 100. It is 96cc, and has Reverse and nice suspension geometry. But again its too new to comment on.

Best of luck,
Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 09:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I disagree abouth the LEM 50's. My son has one & rides it just about everday even when he's not racing. We have had no trouble out of it at all. He won our Indoor championship(Stock class) & is curently in 2nd in the Outdoor series. If you'll be racing flattrack I know they're good, I know several around here race them on Motorcross tracks too. If your interested I know someone who has a 50cc LEM Cayman (Blue/Yellow) Modified & race ready---VERY FAST!!! for sale. A also know of a dealer if ya want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode