Has anyone else had any probs with the predator 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone else had any probs with the predator 90

I bought a new predator 90 a month ago.It has fouled 3 plugs and after about 10 or 15 miles of riding, the back brake arm starts to hit a bracket welded to the frame giving the atv no back brakes at all witch I think is highly dangerous for a youth atv. It looks to be a factory defect, the one on the showroom floor had the same amout of clearance between the brake arm and bracket. It also makes the loudest clanging noise from the chain bouncing on the chain guard. It has done it from the day we bought it.The chain has to be loose enough so the suspension has enough room to compress, that leaves it just loose enough to bounce on the chain guard. That could have easily been fixed with a rubber chain guide. I'd like to know if anybody else has had the same problems or any other problems out of this atv. Right now my warranty is running out while it is sitting at the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 01:54 PM
tony1034

Re: Has anyone else had any probs with the predator 90

Contact Billy at WRH_Racing. He should be able to help you with the Polaris. http://www.wrhracing.com

Best of luck,
Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 07:47 AM
antman

Is the electronic limiter still installed ? If so, remove it (see your owners manual) and use the screw limiter on the throttle.

After a couple of months of riding, the chain on ours loosened or stretched or whatever and was banging on the chain guard and frame. Adjust the tension on the chain. See your manual, just 4 bolts.

As for the brake, we have not had any issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info antman. I took the jumper off the cdi the first day we got it. As for the chain I've learned that if you have a real light rider you have to tighten the chain tighter than the owners manual specs to get it tight enough to keep it away from the chain guard. If you've not had any problems with the back brakes yet and you still have time left on your warranty you should read this atv source I got mine back from the dealer yesterday, they leaned the injector and bent the back brake arm. I hope that will fix the problem without wearing the engine out from lack of oil.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One other thing on the spark plug the dealership in our community serviced ours with 40 to 1 and with the extra oil we fouled 4 plugs till we hit the second a tank but now its fine. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 10:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Becareful running the chain that tight. If the suspension is compressed far enough it will break your rear motor mounts from the tension of the chain pulling the engine back and to the left. You can solve your chain tension problems with a chain tensioner.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 08:02 PM

cavesprings,

Here's an update on our Pred-90's back brake & chain sloppiness "factory" problems....

I installed a Spring Loaded Chain Tensioner on our Pred-90 unit and haven't needed to tighten its chain since then. For details,
surf: Chain Tensioners on '03 & '04 Pred-90s

I also took our unit to our local welder guy and he converted the 45 degree steel bracket (for the back plastic axle guard) to a 90 degree bracket. Cost me a total of $2 0.00 to fix that factory design improvement. Our '03 Pred-90 has been working great ever since.

For more details on these, and many other structure mods on our '03 Pred-90,
surf: '03 Pred-90 mods

Hope this helps other Pred-90 Owners as well....

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Mopar

For another resource try www.predatorowners.com , go to forums then page down to Predator Youth (50 & 90) topic. They may have more insights. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode