Ready to buy youth ATV... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:12 PM
richj11

Ready to buy youth ATV...

Well, after nearly a month lurking here and reading all I can, I am very close to taking the plunge and buying an ATV for my daughter.

I am nearly sold on the Kasea Skyhawk 90.

Now, who out there can help me find the best deal? The link to www.anythingatv.com was great. I can get one shipped to within 30 miles of my house for $1849. My closest Kasea dealer (60 mile drive) e-mailed a quote of $2200 out the door. If I mail ordered one, I would have to pay sales tax to register it (required here in Washington State.) That still only puts me at about $2000.

Any opinions out there? Think a local dealer would drop $200 in price? Maybe cash talks?

I'm all about keeping my hard earned cash in my pocket, but I also like the instant gratification of picking the toy up when I plop down the $$$...

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Rich J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 08:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Ready to buy youth ATV...

You might check to see if the warranty is still good if the dealer does not assemble it. Saving $200 might just void your warrenty. I bet Master Wrench could answer this question for you since he is a Kasea Rep.

P.S. Make shure you check the rear shock out when you pick it up, a few have been surfacing with bad rear shocks.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If the dealer does not assemble it, the warranty is void. You should be able to get a deal on it for cash. Check the dealer locator on the kasea web site at www.kasea.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 02:26 PM
richj11

I e-mailed the closest dealer (60 miles) and told him about the $1849 price on anythingatv.com and he e-mailed back pretty quickly that he would match the price. $2037 out the door after tax and ORV sticker.

I may go pick it up tomorrow!

Still gonna check the local boys though. One offered me a Bombardier 90 for about $2200 out the door. After all the reading on the board here, I feel pretty confident that the Kasea would be great for my kid.

Thanks for the responses....

Rich J
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For what your doing I would probably go with the Kasea. The DS90 will be faster once all the restrictions are removed, but the wheel base is too short and the suspension is way too harsh, also servicing the filter is a pain in the but on the DS90. All the DS90 has going for it is the best stock exaust and a larger engine (89cc).
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 10:59 PM
richj11

Well, I took the plunge. Going to pick up a Kasea Skyhawk 90 tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted how the experience goes.

Now the next dilemma, the need to transport two ATV's to the riding areas. Any experiences either way with a trailer or some type of truck rack for two ATV's?

Appreciate all the great reponses so far.

Thanks,

Rich J
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The best way to transport your quads would be in an enclosed trailer(this porvides the best in security and is a nice retreat when the weather gets too hot of cold.

The cheaper route would be a utility trailer, but the first time you get ripped off the money you lose would have bought the enclosed trailer.

I used to have a utility trailer I pulled to the races and at the last race of the season I go ripped off while eating at Applebees. I lost tools and parts that cost around $5ooo and I had them chained down. the $5000 I lost would have easily paid for my 8 1/2 by 16ft enclosed trailer with money left over. You can get a 6 x 12ft enclosed trailer which whould haul a mini quad and a full size quad for around $2500 from Lowe's hardware and it even has a ramp door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode