Kasea Skyhawk 50 fuel problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kasea Skyhawk 50 fuel problem

I bought my son a new 2002 Kasea Skyhawk 50. We have run one tank of gas through it and now it will not run for longer than a minute. I have checked the fuel filter and it is clean. Once it starts it runs for maybe a minute and then quits. It takes quite a while for it to start again. If I take the fuel line off at the carb and try to start it fuel comes out. Then it starts every time and runs for a short while again. Any Ideas? : [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 11:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea Skyhawk 50 fuel problem

If you are getting fuel flow to the carb then your float is stuck. Remove the float bowl from the carb and check to see if the flat moves up and down freely.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea Skyhawk 50 fuel problem

Also, there is a vacuum line that is on the opposite side of the carb of the fuel line. It goes to the pump, mounted to the tank (if yours is an early '03 or older model). If yours has this, check for any cracks. Also, make sure that the oil injection pump is working. Some had defective pumps. Although it does sound like a fuel problem. It is under warranty. I would reccomend that you take it to the dealer for him to fix the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode