Best 90 Stock Quad to race for Flatrrack? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best 90 Stock Quad to race for Flatrrack?

My son races an LEM 50cc Stock ATV. He will be moving to a 90 withing the next year. What ATV do you think is best for Flattrack racing--STOCK class only. We wanted to buy one early where he could be practicing before he races in the next class.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 12:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Best 90 Stock Quad to race for Flatrrack?

Do you have a cc limit rule in the class? If so the best bike in my opinion would be either the DRR, Bombardier DS90, Artic Cat 90 or a Suzuki LT80, because of thier superior stock exaust. All of these models are Poor in the suspension department as far as motocross is concerned, but will be ok if you just stick to flattrack.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

In the stock class, with the throttle limiter removed, a Kasea Skyhawk 90 will smoke the others. The Kasea will do an honest 40MPH. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

40mph sounds like a 46hp blaster....lol

I think more around 35 or so, but the ones I have mentioned will do well over 40 with all the restrictions removed(and there are alot of them on these models)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 09:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

40 is correct with the Kasea. The ones you listed have to be modified to run 40. 46HP is possible on a heavily modified Blaster. I dynoed one I built at 45.9HP.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 05:02 PM
gopro

The E-ton Viper 90 has proven to be a strong contender.Hetrick Racing and MQ Racing are both developing high perfomance accessories for this stylish and quick mini-quad.
Roost on !
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 08:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ask Rich Hetrick which quad HIS son races . Kasea !! Why ? Better built, faster, handles better, & is super reliable.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 09:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's not quit right master, Hetrick has only one son and i know for a FACT he races a 65cc shifter bike in the 70 mod. class not a kasea. If it has to be stock i would suggest the lt80. It as the best stock pipe and air filter. If you can try to find a 1987 pipe their better than the pipes on the newer ones.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 08:39 PM
gopro

That 1987 pipe must make a large difference.My 10 yr old niece in her first racing competition ever way-layed all but one boy and a bunch of Lt-80's.All the quads were stock and it was an indoor flattrack that was good for third on a TTR-125.So it was small...in the parking lot drag racing the other dad's on Raptor 80,s,LT-80,s and Polaris ,I never lost.
As for Master's comments ,yes we all saw the Hetrick racing quads on display at Indy-very sweet,Rich was very approachable and knows his stuff.Perhaps he's making go-fast goodies for E-ton because E-TON sold over 30,000 Quads last year and Kasea -well they did not sell a fraction of that.
Here's to the competition !It keeps all manufacturers on their toes and makes them strive to be better.All in all it trickles down to production and the consumer wins!
Roost on ! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 10:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Master Wrench,
All the quads I listed will run over 40mph with all the restrictions removed. This is in fact due to thier stock expansion chamber and 89cc engine.

As far as a stock Kasea doing 40mhp, well maybe on the back of a trailer. I know a stock Xtreme 90 will do 35, and it puts about 2 bike lengths on the Kasea's in the stock class.

As far as the Blaster, are we talking gasoline, no nitrous, and no turbos. A brand new Honda Cr250 only puts out around 46hp and the factory guys have a hard time getting 50 out of them and you getting that kind of HP out of an engine developed in the 70's.

P.S. Where you using the same Radar gun you used to clock the Kasea 250 at 70mph. (Raptor 660 will only go 65mph)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode