O3 SCRAM 50 CHEAP MODS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 04:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

O3 SCRAM 50 CHEAP MODS

I INSTALLED A K&N FILTER #RU 0200.THIS FILTER DOES NOT SEEM TO FIT TIGHT AROUND THE CARB. INLET? I RAISED THE NEEDLE UP TWO NOTCHES IN CARB. SLEEVE AND DID THE OLD CHEAP PUNCH A HOLE THE EXHAUST BAFFLE.I BOUGHT THIS ASIAN WHEELER BRAND NEW AND THERE WAS NO EXHAUST LIMITER JUST THE REV.LIMITER.I JETTED FROM STOCK #75 TO #82.5.THE BLUE BEAST HAULS BUTT ON TAKE OFF BUT AS SOON AS YOU ARE 2/3 THROTTLE IT SPUTTERS?AM I STILL TO LEAN?DOES THE PERFORMANCE CDI MAKE A DIFERENCE IN POWER?BOY YOU SPEND 2 BILLS ON A STOCK MACHINE AND LOOK AT ALL THIS PERFORMANCE PARTS YOU CAN DO (TOMCO,TRINITY,M.O.RACING).THE WIFE JUST SHAKES HER HEAD AND OUR WILD 6 YR.OLD IS SMILIN FROM EAR TO EAR.

ANY TECH. TIPS [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 09:32 AM
tony1034

Re: O3 SCRAM 50 CHEAP MODS

The RU-0200 filter has an 1-11/16" inlet, which fits the 90's carbs. The performance guys out there sell a 1-1/2" inlet Uni or K&N for the 50's. I used the shorter RU-0150 on my mini Kasea 50. It measures 1-1/2" inlet, 3" round, 3" long. I think you may want the RU-0160 which is the same as mine but 4 inches long. Whichever you think will fit better. The UNI filter is nice Part # UP4152AST

See: http://www.unifilter.com/clamp-on.htm

Check out my last post on Kasea mini 50 Hop-Ups. You may be having the same problem as me. The filter could be over-oiled. The details on resolving it are there. I would also try only raising the needle one notch. Turn in the idle-mixture screw and count how many turns it was out stock. Then turn it out 1-1/2 turns. Adjust the screw out/in in 1/8 incremenst until dialed in. Then get the needle set, then the main jet.

Good luck
Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The K&N air filter RU150 and RU160 fit booth the 50 and the 90 stock carbs. The RU200 filter fits the aftermarket Keihen 20mm carb. As for you scrambler 50 have you removed the restrictor in the cdi unit yet. If you have not, remove the cdi unit and remove the stainless plate from the back of the cdi unit then reinstall the cdi unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 01:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah I took out the clip on the cdi the first day I bought the 50cc.I did not have any luck finding #60-90 bits to rejet the sunworld carb.I live up in minnesota were the temp. can change 30+degrees in a day would it not be better to have a few different jets "temp.-altitude adjustment"? I thought there was a post that said the jets were the same as holley carb. jets. They look close but are not the same I ordered and now I am returning #64-99 Holley jets. Man I sure am have some bad luck with wrong parts I am wondering if the 2002 models were different carbs.The holley jets do not work,that RU-0200 was the wrong size "had to eat that one" and there was no exuast restricter right from the factory.The K&N 160 air filter fits perfect.I am headin in to town in the morning hopefully score some bigger jets than my 82.5.

THANKS FOR ADVISE

FLYIN HI JAYBIRD

2003 POLARIS 50CC.
1972 TRIUMP B. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

P.S. JUST LEARN IN THIS COMPUTER *^&% MY 6YR. OLD SHOWED ME HOW TOO TURN THIS DAMN THING ON
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 08:23 AM
tony1034

Hi Jaybird,

I thought I read the Holley Jets were the same too. I have a complete Holley jet Kit from my old 650 double-pumper (jets 64-99). I tried them too. They are soooo dang close. I think they are about .001" bigger in threads. I didn't want to strip out my carb so I didn't use them.

Did you very lightly oil the air filter? Whatever you do, don't over-oil it. I have the RU-0150PK K&N outerwear on mine. The outerwear for the RU-0160 filter you have is part # 22-8009PK.

As for the jets, if you are going to ride in very low to very high altitudes, you'll need to rejet. Or if you're riding in 30 degrees weather, then 85 degree weather, you may need to re-jet, but it would be very close. I'd get it set just perfect for the colder weather. If its only one jet big in the hotter summer, I don't think you'll notice much of a difference.

For the Xacto drill bits and pin vise see part # X6412 and part # X73220. This is just one website that has them:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/tool/prods/ra_xac.htm

Best regards,
Tony P.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2003, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you can not find larger main jets try drilling the stock one. Start with a .033" drill then work your way up. I would also pick up a couple extra stock main jets in case you damage one or go to large.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 11:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah I drilled the stock jet out with the smallest drill bit I had #.031? Ran her down the driveway wide open hit the kill switch and checked the plug.looks good I will keep my eye on it the last thing I need is to run it to lean.You seem like you know these Quads good.Does the performance CDI make much difference in performance.Man right now this little wheeler hauls right off the bat.My boy has already bent both front rims and blown the seals on the front shocks.Lookin at new a-arms+swing-arm and shocks but thats a house payment right there.

Thanks for the info

FLY-IN HIGH JAYBIRD
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The peformance CDI really only makes a difference on highly modified units. You can get 3+1 a arms and +3 swingarms from www.WRHRACING.COM They also have Elka and Paoli shocks available for these quads as well as many other performance parts designed for the scrambler 50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode