Scrambler 50 or Xtreme 50??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 07:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scrambler 50 or Xtreme 50???

I've heard the Xtreme's are made by the same company who makes the Polaris minis. I'm really considering the Xtreme for my 6 y/o daughter, especially since it's $500 cheaper, and seems very similar in specs to the Polaris. I'd like some feedback on these quads from folks who have experience with them.

Thanks for your help!

<font color="purple"> Laura (&amp; 6 y/o Katie [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 06:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Scrambler 50 or Xtreme 50???

You might want to look at the Kasea Skyhawk 50. It's super reliable &amp; built much better than what you are looking at.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 07:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just read Off-road's review on the Kasea, and some of the bad points I noticed about it were the short foot pads, only 2" travel on the suspension, lack of power, and lack of an avail. light kit. The turf-tamer tires weren't impressive either. We ride mostly at Tower City PA, where the terrain is all but hospitable - ranging from coal mud, to loose coal slag, to rocks from small to basketball size, and lots of hills. So the issues of power, travel, and tires are pretty important to us. These were the reasons we had narrowed our search to the Scrambler and Xtreme. I'm just wondering if one is significantly better than the other.

Thanks for your input!

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You will not get an honest opinion out or master wrench because he works for Kasea.

If I had to choose between the Polaris and the Xtreme, I would take the Xtreme. Then you get head lights and $500 left over to buy her a helmet, boots, pants, jersey, chest protector, gloves.....etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 08:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I bought my son the Kasea Skyhawk 90 for Xams, and I'm glad I did. The 50 and 90 are the dame frame. Rim size only changes by an inch. Other than that, and the displacement size, the bikes are identical.

I throttled the bike down more than it came stock, and he has a blast on it. He's a little big for his age, over 50" and 80 lbs, but it'sa just right for him. Good to know he'll be riding it for the next 10 years.

So far, nothing but good things from the bike.

BTW - they Kasea has a light kit, and they are REAL lights. They also have a tail light kit too. It's the CPSC that says it can't sell them with them on it. Also, the Kasea is one of the few quads that adheres to the silly CPSC speed limits. Remove the 3 restrictors, and watch it fly.

One nice thing is the foot pegs and foot brake. This is they same way the bigger quads are set up. I figure, let him learn now the way he'll be riding later. Plus, since his bycycle was foot brake, the braking on the quad is similar, plus he doesn't need to pull in that hard lever.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 09:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shano, I do give honest opinions, based on facts. I have been wrenching on bikes since 1974. i still build some race engines for a few. Why not ask Raptor ? He does not work for Kasea. If someone would build a better quad than the Kasea, I would be the first to admit it. But, as of yet, no one does. Who do you work for ? I do resent you calling me dishonest. That's just a lie ! Period !
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 09:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do not work for any ATV importer or distrubitor, thats why you will see me sugesting many different mini quads such as Polaris, Eton, Alpha Sports, Xtreme, Kasea.....etc. They all have there good and bad points, but you seem to only center in on the other brands flaws and only report the good points of your brand.

I did not say you where dishonest, but I think your present position makes you biased.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Biased?? You did not read my response very well. I look at the overall performance/reliability/quality of components/quality of build. That's what I base my opinion on. Plus, I have been turning wrenches on dirt bikes/3-wheelers/quads since 1975. Some machines have more desirable features than Kaseas. But, the OVERALL belongs to Kasea. That is an honest opinion, regardless where I work. I still build race engines. Recently, LT250R, Blaster, YZ250, RM125, KX125, MX360, etc. .... [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 10:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i might as well throw my two cents worth in also i agree with one of the earlier post the frame on the 50 and 90 are the same on most quads so i would get the 90 and just limit the throttle screw.you might want to check these models dinli diamondback,kasea skyhawk,xtreme 100 pro or polaris predator they seemed to be the top 4 or 5 i'm i right guys
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do want to congratulate you on your finish on the 150. What class where you in (blaster, over 30....etc.) O by the way Jon said you where racing against girls....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode