Kasea Skyhawk 50?! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kasea Skyhawk 50?!

Okay, after viewing several posts and continuing research, I think I will probably purchase the Skyhawk 50 for my son(s). Other than the features of the atv, I like the aftermarket support that this atv gets.

My questions now are, who has the best deal on one? Other than TrinityRacing, and Hetrick Racing, who else sells parts and supports these atvs? Any problems/concerns I should have or address after my purchase. One thing I think I might need to address is the jetting, or freeing up restrictions due to the higher altitude here in Colorado. Raptor720, Masterwrench, any suggestions, or help with useful or helpful modifications?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea Skyhawk 50?!

I am new to this forum but have been researching ATV's for my son and there are 3 dealers listed in Colorado at the Kasea website. Don't know if this will help you or not?? I am hoping to get to one of them this weekend and can let you know the prices there?!?!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:35 PM
tony1034

LT500,

See the youth forum at atvsource.com. There is a guy on there also from Colorado having some jetting issues. His name is Sprinklerguy. Raptor720 suggested removing the snorkel on the airbox to lean it out a bit or go to a K&N filter with outerwear setup (preferred method unless you're gonna ride in wet, muddy conditions). You may need to raise the clip on the needle to lower it and lean the bike out. The guys on that forum are the best in the country. Let them know your altitude and they can probably tell you eaxctly what jet to get.

Good luck.
Tony P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:38 PM
tony1034

As for performance parts, all the guys on that forum have profiles to their websites. Some are:

TrinityRacing
HetrickRacing
Peak Performance
WRH Racing

Tony P.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Soccerdad, let me know how it goes. I also saw the three dealers in Colorado. FunWheels in Longmont had none in stock, but they could order it. I believe they said $16** plus dealer setup, shipping, and taxes. Tim's ATV in Lamar had to order as well, his price is $1699, shipping is free. He has it shipped from the supplier to you. I have not called the dealer in Salida yet. i hope to do that today. Keep me informed if you can though. Thanks...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Another question for you... Where can you buy the different jets for the Kasea? Are they the same as something else, that might be obtained at one of the local bike shops? I know it pretty easy to get jets for my LT500 at most dealers around.

Very lastly, is there any difference between a '02 and a '03?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a mini 50 and the only difference between '02 and '03 are the front grab bar. I was told the '02s don't have one? If you can't find a Kasea check out www.blastatv.com. This is what I bought because it was more readily available in the southeast.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The jets are the round Mikuni, which should be at your local MC dealer. mods ? Remove restrictors, then see if you even want more mods. If so, I reccomend Trinity or Hetrick. I've met both. They are really honest straight forward people. Plus, they know Kaseas well. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode