Wanted: Kasea Mini 50 Parts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wanted: Kasea Mini 50 Parts

I have an 02 Skyhawk mini 50 and seeking the following parts. Let me know if you have ... can pay via PayPal if that's an option.

* Kill switch tether (One of those "Dad stashed someone and can't find" [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

* Flywheel housing cover/shroud? (the large black plastic piece that surrounds the flywheel/right side of motor ... with the round opening over flywheel fan)

Also seeking advice on reed peddles/cage? and updated air cleaner? Will it help performance? Last fall I did the following:

1) Removed oil-injector pump/cable and now mixing gas
2) Removed exhaust and carb restrictors
3) Installed in-line gas filter

Still has OEM square-ish air filter assembly with inlet tube on top ...

Just looking for some extra performance tricks without spending a bundle as I'll be selling it next year for a larger quad. Son is 5 but man-handles the quad now ... almost think he's outgrown it already ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 04:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wanted: Kasea Mini 50 Parts

There should be a dealer in Salem OR. who can help with parts. Contact Trinity Racing or Hetrick racing for mods.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 07:19 AM
tony1034

See my Kasea mini 50 Hop-ups post.

It sounds like you have the larger air filter box. I have the little crappy round thing. Remove the carb and float bowl. See what size pilot and main jet yours has. Mine has a 20 pilot jet and a 55 main jet. I've removed carb/ exhaust restrictors and oil injection. Pre-mixing 36:1 with BelRay HR1 oil. I've replaced the tires with SnowHogs. Once I get the airbox, I'll re-jet the carb. The larger Skyhawk 50 has a 75 main jet. They have the same engine, but the exhuast and airboxes are different. I'm also going to change the reeds, which according to Raptor720, will make a huge difference .... can't wait!

Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 08:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would change over to a Pro Design kill switch, its a much better unit than the stock one. Changing the reeds to carbon fiber ones is a big improvement over the stock steel ones. Aftermarket fan covers are available in chrome, anodized red and blue, and carbon fiber(look alike). Also increasing the compression is a cheap performance upgrade via an aftermarker performance head.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 09:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Right, Power Sports is the local dealer whom I will never buy another thing from ever ... bought 3 new quads there over the course of a month last year and when it came time to get parts for the Kasea they gave me a major run around.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 09:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, I actually read all your post before posting. Was funny to read as I did all the same stuff as you last year and had all the same questions. Was like reading my own posts. Great people and information in this forum!

I don't understand the air filter deal. The 03's came with a smaller, round air cleaner and the 02' (like mine) squarish/rectantular one is OK?

Wonder how those snow hogs would do in sand? The OEM knobbies don't do well at all ... but then again that small of tire can only do so much. We ride mainly in sand on the Oregon coast.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 01:10 PM
tony1034

If you pick up the Feb 2003 ATV Action magazine, they have a full write-up on the mini Kasea. They have my filter picture and even talked about it. I think when SMC built these in Taiwan, some went out with the little round filter like mine (with small hole in body), while others went out with the larger box and hole in the body. I posted a pic of the filter in my posting too. If you go to Kasea's website, the picture of the mini has a larger airbox (probably like yours). When I spoke to Raptor720, he said he had to jet up the carb on his project pit bike mini 50 to accomodate the airbox. So I'm very curious as to whether or not your jetting is the same as mine or not. If you can check it out, I'd appreciate it.

As for the tires, the SnowHogs kick butt. I put the 15x5-6's on the front and 13x5-6's on the back. I wasn't sure if the 15's would fit on the rear without rubbing the body. Well, after mounting them, the tires measure shorter than their size suggests and even what Carlisle states on their website.

Stockers: 13.25"
SnowHog 13's: 12.5"
SnowHog 15's: 14.25"

So the 15's would fit all the way around and raise the bike from the stock tires. Also top speed will increase a tiny bit with taller tires (maybe 1-2 mph tops). I left the 13's b/c it's like a MX setup and it handles incredibly. Even though the 13's are shorter than the stockers, it still ripped through the deep snow we had here in NJ last week. We got 8" and it melted, compressed, settled ... whatever to about 4". He ripped through it fine and up hills. I can only imagine what it would be like with the 15's on the back. I'm going to get another pair of 15's and put them on another set of wheels to have wherever we decide to ride. The 13's will give it more torque and acceleration and when clearance ain't an issue, while the 15's will help with top speed a bit more and where he needs the clearance. Either way, you can't compare the SnowHogs to the stockers. When he had the stockers on and we had like 2" of snow he couldn't move in it at all. I'm sure they'd be great in the sand too.

Tony P.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 07:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll have to checkout the tires ... sound like they might be better then the stockers, especially in sand. Are they something you can mount by hand or would I have to have them done at a tire shop (labor would be more then the tires)?

The jetting is stock ... can't remember the sizes though ... and I just had them out last night when I cleaned the carb out and installed the inline gas filter. Darn jets have been plugging up the last several times and I got tired of dealing with that ... got everything back together last night but can't remember where I put the tether ... so I haven't started it yet. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've attached a pict to show what the OEM tires do in sand ... I push more then he rides it.

P.S. Yes, my air filter looks like the one on the Kasea web site ... rectangular in shape with a "spout" at the top angled 90 degrees ... with an opening about the size of your thumb?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1025604-40495282.jpg (37.9 KB, 65 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 09:19 AM
tony1034

Great pic! Same color as my son's mini, yellow with the orange seat. That's exactly what my son's bike looked like in the snow. I might as well of tied a strap to the back of my 400ex and pulled him around. But the SnowHogs rock!

I installed the tires on the rims myself. I used a ratcheting tie-strap and wrapped it around the tires circumference. I then ratcheted the tire tight so the beat was touching the rim. Then using my air compressor, popped them on. If you remove the valve and remove the old tires, bring the rims with you to Walmart. They may mount them for ya.

I havn't seen a picture of the airbox Raptor720 spoke about. I had assumed it is the one you have. Perhaps there is a third airbox design ???? I was thinking of just saying the heck with it and getting a K&N universal filter w/ outerwear. Either way, I have to cut the plastic for the larger Kasea airbox or the K&N. If you happen to take apart the carb again, please check the jet sizes and let me know. I'm looking around for different front sprockets. The stock gearing is an 11 tooth up front. I don't know if any other minis like the LT50 or LEM use the same size sprockets and chain and if the front bolts on the same way. The Kasea mini has a #415 chain. I also wonder if a larger set of shocks would bolt up to the mini giving it more travel.

Tony P.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 12:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think the air cleaner I've seen referenced is different then both of ours ... as I think one post referenced a specific part number and it's the first time I've heard about a replacement air filter for an 02' model. I think the squarish air cleaner on my son's quad is "whimpy" and starves the motor of air ...

If you know the specific reed peddle/cage part numbers or parts source please let me know. I would like to order them.

Called every Walmart in the area ... most here in Oregon don't have Automotive centers and the ones that do don't carry the tires ... guess I will look online.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode