My little brothers need a bike? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 12:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My little brothers need a bike?

Hi my name is Jon. I recently jusr bought a z400 and my parents and my little brothers love to ride now. My family wants to get my little borothers a quad. I live in Cali and there pretty strict on rules about quads. I have three little bro's 10 11 and 12. We want to get one quad for all of them. So I guess the only option is an 80 or 90. I guess you have ot be 12 to ride 80's and up. So what I want to do is get a 125 for the 12 year old, but thats probably not going to work. So whats a good 80 preferably 90 for all three. An automatic would be nice too since they're all begining. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 06:42 AM
tony1034

Re: My little brothers need a bike?

Hi Jon,

I would either go with a Kasea Skyhawk 90, or an Extreme Pro 100 (once they get to dealers in the next week or so). As a third option you can look at the Dnili Diamondback, but it needs upgrades to the suspension. The Kasea has a rear foot brake and has plenty of support and performance upgrades available out there, especially in Cali. The frame, welds and suspension are great. The Extreme Pro 100 has a bigger 96cc engine (82cc on the Kasea), so it will probably be faster, it has a rear disk brake (no rear foot brake though .... bummer) and has a wider stance. Suspension geometry is more wider too. But no one has seen one yet (other than pictures from Shano125) or tested one. Kasea has come a long way with parts availability. I don't know about Xtreme. But all you really need is this forum and the atvsource, youth atv forum, and you'll have all the best support in the country. The top 10 (at least) youth atv racers are on the atvsource forum on a near daily basis. Price on a Kasea ... I've seen @1800. The Xtreme I think is coming in around $2300.

Good luck!

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 07:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Great job Tony, you only forgot one thing. The Pro 100 has a reverse. Other than that excellent review.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I bought my kid's '03 Kasea 90 for $1825 after tax and tag. Best deal on a 90 Quad I could find. My son loves his and I'm very happy with it too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys. I think I like the sound of the Kasea, also does the predator 90 or raptor 80 look good. I wen't to the Yamaha dealer and the sales guy said that the raptor 80 has three gears but it's an automatic, you know where you change gears with shifter but there is no clutch. I guess that's a good thing for my little brothers considring that they just started riding. Thanks guys.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 02:50 PM
tony1034

The raptor80 is a badger with new plastic. It has a very poor front suspension on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode