Kasea mini 50 not moving with throttle pressed in - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 09:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kasea mini 50 not moving with throttle pressed in

Recently my daughter's newish Mini 50 has started not wanting to get moving when the throttle is pressed in. If I give it a substantial helping push it will go but if she stops it won't get going again.

The throttle is turned down to keep her from going too fast but has always got it moving fine in the past. Another interesting thing is that it is kinda hit or miss when this happens and seems to be running rough at the same time the problem occurs.

If I lift up the back end off the ground and give it gas the tires will start spinning and get going pretty fast but the engine is not running too smoothly. It has fresh gas and oil in it as well. No engine mods have been done.

I tried searching the discussion area but the forum search feature is not working. Any help/advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks

DAVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 06:52 AM
tony1034

Re: Kasea mini 50 not moving with throttle pressed in

Hi Dave,

My son has a Kasea mini 50 (see my posting "Kasea mini 50 Hop-ups"). Shut the fuel off. I usually lay a piece of carpet down on the floor behind it and stand it up on its back end. Using a 3/8 ratchet, 10" extension, universal joint and a 13/16 spark plug socket, remove the spark plug and inspect. My guess is that it will be fouled out (black and covered with oil). You can go to any motorcycle shop or Walmart and buy a few NGK plugs. The stock plug is a NGK BPR7HS. This is a resistor plug and anyone in the youth world will tell you they suck. Buy a B7HS or a B8HS (the 7 is a hotter plug). I installed a B8HS in mine, but have switched to a B7HS. The mini, stock, has a carb and exhaust restrictor. Although it will run with these in, the plug will foul out very quickly. Removing them , will make the bike fly .... so use your good judgement here. ATV Action February 2003 has done a full write up on the Kasea mini 50. I still havn't gotten it yet, but I heard they report the bike does 20mph (probably removed the restrictors). I've gone further to remove the oil injection and changed the tires out. Does your mini have the same round air cleaner as mine (see attachment on my Hop-ups post)? You can rotate it and it has like 4 holes coming out of it. They have replaced this (see pictures in your owner's manual). I've ordered one, but it's on back order. The one I have does not breathe well and could cause fouling of the plug too, and on top of the restrictors could be even worse. My son's smoked real bad and stunk when it was stock. Without the restrictors and switching to pre-mix it runs super clean now. After you've checked the plug, then we can look into other possibilities, but start here.

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 08:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea mini 50 not moving with throttle pressed in

With the exhaust restrictor intact, it will foul plugs. If you remove it, it will run better. Make sure you do not have the handlebar limiter screw in too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode