narrowed down to 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

narrowed down to 2

we've got it narrowed down to two the kasea skyhawk 90 or the xtreme 100 give your opinion soon.thanks [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 10:21 AM
pokie

Re: narrowed down to 2

I dont know anything about the extreme but a local dealer here in town let me take a new Kasea 90 for a spin around his shop. I way 210 and the little thing took off like it was nothing it seems to have real nice suspension too. I was impressed. I would like to here more about the other bike though.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 02:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would save my money and wait 3 or 4 weeks and get the new Xtreme Pro100. The Xtreme 100 is a good machine but the Pro100 offers so much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the feedback tried out a kasea today runs really good but i'm leaning towards the xtreme do you have any specifics on what kind of changes it will have from the xtreme 100 one that's out now also i checked there web site nothing listed under new products help if you can
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 07:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We have the Kasea 90 it is great. Something to think about. My son is 6 yrs old, and the Kasea has a foot brake. The foot brake is so easy for the kids and safe.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Pro100 will have widder a arms, a longer swingarm, same shocks as the new preditor, but with revised spring rates, manual choke, anodized belt and fan covers, performance head, and a reverse. I have pictures available if you would like to see them.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 07:26 AM
tony1034

Shano,

We've been hearing a lot of news about the Xtreme Pro100 and it will be very interesting to see what everyone thinks about it when it finally arrives.

But I don't think anyone can argue that the Kasea 90 is at the top of the list in youth quads. For recreational use, no one would be disappointed. For heavy modified MX, you probably don't see many bone stock bikes out there (any brand). Parents put thousands of dollars into these race bikes. The performance parts are out there for the Kasea. Modified, the bike will smoke 250ex and 300ex Hondas. However, I'm curious about the Xtreme line. Who makes them? What is their dealer, service, and parts availability like? The Kasea 90 is an 82cc engine that is restricted to fall within CPSC guidelines. The Pro100 I believe is 96cc and does not follow the CPSC rules (I'm not saying that the CPSC is wrong or right, or should tell us what to do or not to do ... just stating a fact). But will the bike handle the power and speed and will your kid be safe on the bike at those speeds? What is the build quality on the Xtremes? How are the welds? Are the frames as beefy as the Kasea's? How reliable are the Xtremes? How about aftermarket performance parts availability?

I guess what I'm getting at is if you are in the youth ATV business, are a racer, ATV dealer or have many connections ... perhaps the TRICK Pro100 would be a great bike if its as good as it sounds. But if you're just an ordinary parent putting their kid on a youth quad to ride with you on the farm or trails, is the Pro100 a good, safe choice? Most of these parents aren't the most mechanically inclined. They just want to buy it, add oil and gas and let the kid go. If it breaks, they want to be able to go back to the dealer where they bought it and have it fixed. Will they get this from an Xtreme?

I'm not a dealer, or a MX racer, just one of those ordinary parents (but with a mechanic's background, and used to dragrace hotrods and crotch rockets). I've looked at many of the youth models and the Kasea's are very impressive. After researching here, and on the atvsource forum, the Kaseas shined even brighter so I have become a Kasea fan. But just like I'm a Toyota/Honda fan when it comes to cars, trucks and motorcycles .. I would buy another manufacturer's product if it proves to be better.

Your thoughts are appreciated ...

Best regards,
Tony P.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 01:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been involved in racing in one way are another since I was a kid(gocarts,bmx,motocross,roadracing,dragracing,sp rint cars)so I have been around. My sole intrest is in it for the kids. Where in dirtbikes a kid can start on a pw50 them move to a cobra then to a ktm65 then to a yz80 and on and on, but with ATV's the kid had to start with an LT80 then jump straight up to a blaster. After dealing with another mini quad performance shop and being disappointed, Billy Holt and I got to gether and started working on products for the youth atv's. Now there are ultra fast mini's out there that help the kids move up to the bigger quads.
As far as the Xtreme Pro100 goes I have sent you Photos of it from all angles. As far as the cpsc goes the 100 does follow their guide lines. The 100 is ment for 16 and up where the 90's are ment for 12-15. The Xtreme 100's have been around for 3 years and have proved very reliable. Parts are no problem either. I have seen them uncrate and use parts from new units rather than give the customer an excuse.
The new features on the Pro100 make it a great bike for the trail rider or the racer. Widder a arms-more suspension travel and more stable, longer swing arm- more suspension travel and more stable, better shocks for more suspension travel and a safer more controlled ride, reverse gear for getting out of tight spots, performance head for more compression and more horsepower and easier starting, manual choke eliminates the problem with the electric chokes failing and Hydralic disk brakes for better stopping power. All these features add up to one excellent youth ATV.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 07:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shano125 could you send me pictures of the extreme pro 100
I have a Kasea 90 now but I and looking for another bike so my boys don't have to share
Thank old fart racer [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shano125 could you send me pictures of the extreme pro 100
I have a Kasea 90 now but I and looking for another bike so my boys don't have to share
Thank old fart racer [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] <font color="red"> </font color> [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode