65 plus mph on an E-TON VIPER 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:57 PM
gopro

65 plus mph on an E-TON VIPER 90

Word is that the new Vipers by ETON the best value on the market with more features and benefits per dollar than the competition.Also I have found at least 3 places that can make it go 65 plus mph!
I really like the E-TON STYLE BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER YOUTH ATV
But,is it the best?
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 03:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 65 plus mph on an E-TON VIPER 90

Most folks say the Kasea Skyhawk is better made, and they share the virtual same motor.

I pick up my son't new 2003 Skyhawk 90 this Saturday. They finally got it in and installed the lights and rack. After some careful research and feedback from actual owners, I made the choice.

You can read a few threads back the post from <font color="red"> Raptor720 </font color> and he did a good job explaining the differences between them all.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 05:08 PM
tony1034

I suppose with the right modifications and $$$$ you can make anything fly. But would you really want a kid doing 65mph on an ATV? My 400ex does around 65mph and I'm dropping the front sprocket one tooth to get more pull in the lower gears. I don't care about top speed. There aren't too many places to open it up and go that fast in trails, pits, etc ... anyways.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 06:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

65 mph ? Hmmmmmmmm, must be a BBIIIGGGG hill!! I really don't want to rain on your parade, but, it sounds like a sales person has you buffaloed. When ever you modify a 90 that much, you sacrifice some reliability. Race engines are very high maintenance. The E-tons already have a reliability problem. When you modify them, that problem increases. There needs to be a compromise with reliability/performance/safety. The Kasea is the least compromised 90cc quad available. The closer that you look at the Kasea, the better it is. It is super reliable, fast, handles well, is safe, and it is built super strong. Overall quality is excellent. Simply put, Kasea makes the best 50/90cc quads. Period.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 07:27 AM
gopro

Thanks for the response.First of all.The 65mph quad is set up for flattrack racing not for trails.
For,master wrench,The Kasea brand lacks quality compare side by side.Look at welds.
Where is the rear hydraulic Disc Brake?Oh,that's right it doesn't have one!
Also,what happens when JUNIOR braks a fender,how much does that cost to replace?With the 8 piece modular body system,E-TON has done something no O.E.M. has done.This is not just for looks it also ELIMINATES the bodywork fom cracking at stress points.Where and whom makes KASEA?E-TON builds,designs and their own in house!
How about safety features?
Horn, taillights/Brakelights and Daytime use Dual-CAT-EYE headlights ,throttle limiter and full floorboards...
Kasea?I can't see ya'!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 07:50 AM
gopro

Kasea Fireball?
I heard those 50's have been catching fire!
Has any one else heard?
Also,how is parts availibility?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

HA!

Read back a ways and check out a post with my impressions of the Viper. In short, this is what I found.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I left work and looked at an Viper 90 this afternoon, as there was a dealer somewhat near by me (45 mins). Impression? Real nice looking but no where as beefy as the Skyhawk. The rear disc is cool, but not worth the crappy front and rear suspension. Heck, I fabricate all kinds of stuff for Suzuki Samurais (I have several, with one lifted 9" and runing 35"s). I even fabbed my own t-case mounted disc parking brake and rear axle disc conversion. Installing a rear disc should be easy. Besides, Kasea will probably "keep up with the Jones" and have a rear disc on it in a few years so the possibility of a swap might be there.

Another thing that lost me was the flashing LED front light. At first I thought that was a good thing. But it's stupid. Too much like "Knight Rider". Besides, the Kasea dealer can sell me the head light kit for $29, and he believes there is a tail or brake light available. It's all pre-wired. I guess all quads have the safety flag mount on them. If I can't install a horn, I should be shot for being stupid. There's also a rear rack available and more racing parts than you can shake a stick at.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mentioned welds and I had to laugh. Never mentioned it before, as I didn't have reason to. Being a fabicator/welder in my part-time biz, I was appauled at some of the "booger welds" that appeared on the Viper frame. In fact, it was while examining the inferior knuckle design that I noticed a missing weld on one of the few gussets the A-arms had. Checked both sides and, yup, they missed a weld. So much for ISO 9000. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Can you do us a favor, since you own or sell several of these Etons, can you post us a close-up pic of the Eton's front knuckle? Is it as beefy as the double clevis style knuckle holder on the Kasea shown here?

or may the Yamaha-style trussed &amp; boxed rear swing arm with REAL skid protection AND a solid, tapered axle like on the Kasea shown here?

I can't seem to find pics anywhere of the "quality" stuff Eton is making. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 07:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gopro,

First off, I have built many Kaseas that exceed 60mph on the MX track. It is easy to do IF you know what you are doing. As far as being reliable, I have over two years on a few race motors. Instead of rebuilding them, I am now trying to see how long they will last. At last check, EVERYTHING looked as new. The only changes have been new belts, some rollers, some new grease on some trans parts and one set of rings.

I can easily back up ANY claim I make.

On the Eton being better, not in this lifetime. I have the only rear disc brake Kasea. Although it is nice, I have no issues with the drum brake and I actually prefer the drum for a number of applications!

Frames/welds?? I just pulled a 3 year old Kasea Skyhawk 90 race frame out of service. Just as I would with any machine that is raced virtually every weekend, I though 3 years was enough. To my surprise, the frame does not show ANY signs of fatigue or WELD failure. This frame did not have ANY additional support or welding from stock. It was routinely jumped in excess of 35 feet and raced by kids and adults. In fact, it was thrash tested by one of the top dogs at Dirt Wheels on a very large SX track ~~ the results, "I can't write an article on that. Nobody would believe me."

So, instead of placing your unfounded garbage talk on this web site, I suggest you spend your time carefully checking your Eton for cracks and failures and researching your "information" before you make yourself look like Bill Clinton again.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:25 AM
gopro

Fact:
The E-Ton Viper 50 Received a 4 out of a possible 5-star rating in the MAY 2002 ATV &amp; 4-WHEEL ACTION.How did the Kasea's do?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Jetskier

Just bought my son a Kawaski KFX 50 on satuday a week after i bought my Kxf 400, kind of glad i did after ready some of these posts, he doesnt need reverse and i dont want him to be able to start anyway for a while, let alone doing 65mph,they tried talkin me into a cheeper mini atv for my son then after researching it just alittle i made up my mind after looking real hard at the Preditor 90, it seemed built cheap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode