Hi all! Figured I'd start a new thread on the Kasea Mini 50. Here are some posts (Raptor720) I've copied from other threads:
After three months of abuse, here is my opinion:
1. With the restrictors removed, it easily hits 20+mph with a 200 pound rider.
2. Starting is easiest in the field. Just turn on the fuel valve and push the button. Within one minute the auto choke is off and it runs like the full size models.
3. Suspension in the front uses an I beam design that is just fine for the purpose. In the rear, the engine is part of the swing arm (like the LT80) but it does not bother me on such a small machine.
4. It comes with a tool kit under the seat.
5. The hand tether is a metal pin design so it should last (I suggest getting a couple of extras just in case).
6. There is no back up kick starter but you could add the side case from a KS5 Skyhawk 50 with some simple mods.
Things that I am watching:
1. Cut the doughnut off the right grip. I had the grip slip back and hold the throttle on.
2. The plastic under the seat may crack in the two front
corners. I took a hot soldiering iron and burned a round hole in each corner to prevent the crack from chasing.
3. If you add lights, use a Raptor style upper dog bone as the light base. It works great.
4. Remove the rear tether (if not needed) by connecting the two bullet plugs together.
5. IF you remove the exhaust restrictor, use high temp sealant on the exhaust flange to prevent leaks. The stock gasket will not hold the exhaust when the restrictor is removed.
6. This ATV can easily be made wider and longer. I have upgraded to an aluminum cylinder, some trans parts, lights and a wider stance.
1. The 2002 intro model had a CV carb that did not work properly. In late 2002 the carb was updated to the same Mikuni found on the bigger Skyhawk 50 -- a major improvement!
2. I have also noticed that there has just been an air cleaner change. If you get a new mini and the air filter is a small little thing with 6 holes, order the following: 13410-SK2-00 air filter box
Riding gear is a biggie for me. MX boots (I prefer Thor for kids), riding pants, kidney belt, chest protector, C collar, gloves, elbow pads, goggles and helmet.
All good stuff! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
What do you recommend on tweaking the mini 50? If I remove the exhaust resrictor, should I do it in combination with the carb, jetting, etc?
As for a light kit, do you have a picture of your mini with the lights? What do I need to add lights? Does the mini have the lighting coil like the bigger skyhawks? If you're interested, put together a package with all the parts and some hand written instructions and email me the price: [email protected]
I'm very interested. I think lighting helps others see you coming, especially on such a small quad.
I'll check on the filter. Is the part # you suggested suitable, or do you suggest a K&N (if available) and jetting to make it run better?
What do you recommend for gas and oil? The manual suggests 92octane or higher and SAE20W synethetic two-stroke oil. What kind of oil does it come with from Kasea? Should I replace it with better oil?
The manual also has a break-in procedure. Should I limit the throttle to 1/2 while the kids break it in? How long should I break it in for?
Thanks for all your help and advice.
You've been great! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]