A new Kasea owner. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

A new Kasea owner.

Bought the 2003 Skyhawk 90 today. Well, he only wanted a deposit so I gave him $200. It should be here by the week's end or early next week. I got it in red, although yellow, blue and dark green were also available.

With all the different dealers I called (over 20), I got the deals a little mixed up. But what I did get was the quad for $1748.26, plus $126.75 tax for a total of $1675.01 out the door. The regular deal is $1799.

The place is Hudson Valley Power Equipment in Monroe, NY. 845-782-3037. Mention my name and if you could get the same deal. Should be no problem. I mentioned that some others might call. He's only getting seven 90's, and two are pre-sold.

He's got helments for $50, but nothing special. They are the Kasea helmets. I'll spend elsewhere on a SNELL rated helmet. Also, the racks are $75 and the lights were $50. Save the money. The dealer in Mohopac, NY sells the lights for $29.

Here's the high point, he's getting in 2 Skyhawk 250's. $2999. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hmmmmm, ya never know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:51 AM
tony1034

Re: A new Kasea owner.

Congratulations Tim!

I know you'll be impressed with it. The more I look at the Skyhawk 50/90 the more I'm impressed with it. The frame and the suspension look like my 400ex (tough). I'm assuming you had a typo and your total w/ tax was $1,875.01 out the door. I'll have to throw it at my local dealer I bought the mini 50 from and see if they bite. Otherwise I'll be sure to call the place in NY and mention your name. Hopefully you'll get like a referral bonus. I referred two of my neighbors to Honda and they both bought quads. They sent me $50. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 07:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You will be happy with the Kasea.

That 250 is pretty nice as well. We are working on a big bore kit, pipe, carbs, cams, etc for the thing.

I suspect that if you do your homework and purchase after xmas, you could get a better deal on the 250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Yes, my bad. $1875.01. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Not looking for a referral bonus as there was no mention of one, but that would be nice! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just making sure everyone else can get the same price I did. Mainly, as a way of saying thanks for steering me in the right direction. At the price I got, I wasn't able to find anyone who could match it. If fact, i used the price that I could get a cruddy Eton Viper 90 as the tool to knock $50 off the sale price.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

First off, I wann say thanks for steering me towards one "bitchen" quad (that is how they say in in Cali, right?) lol. A friend owns a Suzuki off-road parts manufacturer in Bakersfield, Ca. He uses that expression a lot. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm pretty sure I will be happy. Can't wait to check out the 250. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 12:24 PM
tony1034

That's cool. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] This is why we have an internet and forums and people like Raptor720. So we can make a better educated decision when buying something (especially when our kids safety is concerned) and if we can get a better price, thats just a bonus.

Thanks for your openess and honesty too! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was starting to think that you can only get a deal like the one you got on the West coast.
Tony P.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 12:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ANOTHER new Kasea owner.

All- thanks for the info provided on this site, I too have taken the plunge... I just ordered an '03 Skyhawk 90 and will pick it up in about a week.

While I am in NY, I am about 6 hours from Tim's deal and no one closer would come close to his price, so I resorted to an out of state dealer. I ordered from Tim's Motorsports in CO, and the price was $1849 delivered. They were courteous on the phone, carry a number of brands, and seemed professional at least in my 20 minute conversation with them.

In order to re-inforce my decision to buy a Skyhawk 90, I asked them for their recommendation and it came to the Skyhawk 90 or the E-Ton Viper 90. http://www.anythingatv.com/

Thanks to all here for the help, and I'll post my thoughts once I get it (and ride it!). [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 01:34 PM
tony1034

Re: ANOTHER new Kasea owner.

Wow! [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Thanks for the link. $1,849 plus free delivery is great. I guess you don't have to pay sales tax either. I'll gladly pick it up at one of the service centers.

Tony P.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
This is why we have an internet and forums and people like Raptor720. So we can make a better educated decision when buying something

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. If you check out my ranking, I'm a Carpal Tunnel. 3300 posts, and growing. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm on here almost everyday, most helping folks (and being helped) in the Suzuki forum. It's nice to see the same holds true here, people helping people. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Very humbling.

As I digress, my favorite sport is rockcrawling with Suzuki Samurais. As a little plug, these things are great. I often refer to them as "Quads with heat and A/C". Stretch your arm out, that's how wide they are. You can get a nice used one for under $1000, and with as little as $2000 investment (and a little elbow grease), you can have a 33" tired, locked, geared and armored off-road Jeep eater. They make great "big" toys.

*steps down off the soap box*
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 07:40 PM
tony1034

Its funny you mention that. I have over 50 posts but I'm still a STRANGER. I thought at 25 I'd be a NEWBIE and at 50 a JOURNEYMAN. .... Oh well .... [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode