2003 suzuki LT50A - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 02:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2003 suzuki LT50A

I need help finding some performance parts!! The 50 lacks power and performance. If there is no performance parts the what can I do to boost the power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 07:17 PM
pokie

Re: 2003 suzuki LT50A

There is a few things you can do to get a little more out of your 50. One there is an exhaust restrictor where the exhaust pipe bolts onto the head. It looks like a small washer with a hole in the middle of it, remove it. Next, go to the carb, you will have to remove it and remove the bowl, now go to the main jet and remove the first jet. This machine uses a stacked main jet, meaning one screwed in one right on top of the other, the one you have just removed is a smaller jet than the one under it, leave the larger one alone. You may also have to raise your needle up one notch. While the carb is off, the small pipe that goes from your carb to the cylinder head also has a small restrictor in it. It is a round plug with a hole in the middle of it that is about big enough to slide a car key into. If you apply some heat to this plug once it gets warm you can put a straight blade screwdriver in the hole and twist it out. I performed all of the little things to my son's bike and it runs much, much better. Any other questions holler back to me. Good Luck!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 06:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an LT50 A as well. There has been so many good ideas to improve the performance. I have removed the intake and outlet restrictors, and jet is next. I wonder what air-cleaner I can use as replacement for the original one, and I wonder what I can do to improve starting it.......When it is cold....I am pulling and pulling and pulling and.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 09:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Switch to some VP race fuel for those cold mornings. It will fire up much easier.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 12:30 AM
rinconmark

Do you have to rejet when you remove the air intake restrictor?

I would like a little more bottom end.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode